Respected Contributor

$50 for a pair of sweatpants?????

[ Edited ]

I just checked the items recently on air.  Isaac M had a pair of sweatpants that were over $50 !!!   Is he really that special?  I noticed in the presentation video the host was fawning all over him. 

What am I missing?  I'm not paying that much for a pair of sweatpants regardless of who he is.  He must be someone really special. 

Honored Contributor

Re: $50 for a pair of sweatpants?????

Back when I wore sweatpants, I got them from a place called onehanesplace.   Just did a quick check.  They're on sale for $7.00 right now.  To me, sweatpants are sweatpants.  Nothing more.  

Respected Contributor

@Georgiagrama wrote:

I just checked the items recently on air.  Isaac M had a pair of sweatpants that were over $50 !!!   Is he really that special?  I noticed in the presentation video the host was fawning all over him. 

What am I missing?  I'm not paying that much for a pair of sweatpants regardless. 

You're not and I certainly wouldn't either but, there are people who would and wouldn't bat an eyelash.

Respected Contributor

@Tyak wrote:

@Georgiagrama wrote:

What am I missing?  I'm not paying that much for a pair of sweatpants regardless. 

You're not and I certainly wouldn't either but, there are people who would and wouldn't bat an eyelash.

@Tyak  I sure there are many pairs that will be sold, but he must be something special.  I, myself, can look lumpy in a $20 pair of Karen Scott's  from Macy's just as easily as a $60 pair from Isaac.  

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Georgiagrama wrote:

What am I missing?  I'm not paying that much for a pair of sweatpants regardless of who he is.  He must be someone really special. 

Nothing. And two things can be true. IM is "really special." I'm dating myself, but I remember way back before he was in Target and on the Q and - wow! He used to have a really cool talk show too. But, yadda yadda...as far as I'm concerned, sweat pants are indeed just sweat pants. Some will pay $50+ not even for his name, but just because they think the pants are cute and they don't mind spending that money. Some might pay for cute and the name. And some of us, like me, won't. Back to "special," I remember when he was such a big deal it was impossible to envision him selling things at a place like the Q. (Not a put down of IM or the Q or anyone - just an observation about about how it goes and flows.)_

Honored Contributor

I’m not sure a “name” makes sweatpants more than what they are...sweatpants. When I wear mine, few people see me in them. I lounge around the house, drive to the gym, leave them in my locker, put them back on and head home.  Whose name is on the label doesn’t matter.

I purchased a great pair at Sam’s for under $10. I’m sure if you took what ever name is on that label and put IM instead, no one would know....or care.

Honored Contributor

OP, If you feel $50 is too much to pay for sweatpants then don't buy them! If I like a $50 pair of sweats and they fit me the best then yes I'll pay that price. I will wear them for years and years while all the $7 ones others buy will have already been discarded because they only lasted a short time. 

"Pure Michigan"
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

IM’s plushback fabric is pretty amazing. I have a pair and they’re worth every penny to me.
Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

OP, If you feel $50 is too much to pay for sweatpants then don't buy them! If I like a $50 pair of sweats and they fit me the best then yes I'll pay that price. I will wear them for years and years while all the $7 ones others buy will have already been discarded because they only lasted a short time. 

@ID2  - I do believe you get what you pay for.  I'm not a sweatpants person, but I'd rather spend more for something that is quality that will last.  So if the $50 sweatpants are good quality and one will wear them often, then it's worth every penny.

Honored Contributor

If you think those are a lot check out these from Splendid A433932 . $168.00 !!  for a pair of camo joggers that look like sweat pants.