Honored Contributor

I am well aware of  giving to charity . I don't tell others how to live, nor do I let anyone tell me, either

Trusted Contributor

@alliswell 

That Brahmin bag is a stunner!

Esteemed Contributor

We live in a consumer-driven economy.  All the wealth in the world could be re-shuffled and it would still be this way.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@klb2 wrote:

You can get a really beautiful, quality leather purse/tote for $50-$100. Imagine if everyone of means bought a $100 bag instead of a Dooney and took the other $179+ and did something charitable with it? Wow...a lot of good could happen for some needy folks!

@klb2 

I’m sure someone walking around w/ their belongings in a 

store plastic bag they found on the side of the road could say, 

You can find a usable plastic bag for FREE.

Imagine if everyone of means used a FREE plastic bag instead of a

‘beautiful, quality leather purse/tote’ for $50-$100 and took the

$50-$100 and did something charitable with it?

Wow...a lot of good could happen for some needy folks!’

Honored Contributor

I think it is good to remember ,that people are employed to make these items. They need a job ,and an income just like everyone else does..

Honored Contributor

Don't look in my closet.  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Not for me.  I carry around inexpensive bags and totes.  They carry the same thing and I would rather spend on something else.  I do wonder how many they sell and how many they set aside in stock.  Seems at that price it would not need a big inventory.  I could be wrong.

And just so you know I have had "bags" of all types around for over 40  years and they are still going strong, many of them leather and they are not that expensive .

Honored Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

Not for me.  I carry around inexpensive bags and totes.  They carry the same thing and I would rather spend on something else.  I do wonder how many they sell and how many they set aside in stock.  Seems at that price it would not need a big inventory.  I could be wrong.

And just so you know I have had "bags" of all types around for over 40  years and they are still going strong, many of them leather and they are not that expensive .

@bonnielu   I do too - no place for a cell phone in those!

The thing is, we all have things we are willing to spend a significant amount of money on, and things we'd rather not and put the money to other uses.  I'm sure the OP does also - we all do.  Things that I'd spend a good amount on other people wouldn't, but I also don't have a lot of things - esp. electronics - that other people are happy to spend money on. Nobody should be condemned for it.

Esteemed Contributor

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and how they choose to spend their money.  Every brick and morter store and on line retailers like QVC and Amazon stock merchandise at all price points to appeal to different customers.  Go into a department store like Macy's and look at their diverse handbag brands,  Everything from under $25 to over a $1,000 to give customers of all means options to choose from.  Buy what you want but don't be critical of others whether they are low end or high end buyers.  My money my choice.

Esteemed Contributor

My message was only meant to say... NOT FOR ME.  I do carry what I want or need  for a much much cheaper price point.... and yes even fits cell phones because I buy by style and for utility.