Respected Contributor

You spent $45 for a CLOTH tote?

Outrageous.

😎😎😎

Trusted Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

Then I am not going to tell you how much I just spent on a bag. You would probably faint.

PLEASE tell Jewel, and post a pic too.  I love to see handbags, clothes and shoes.

Esteemed Contributor

@Reever wrote:

In the latest of "You gotta be kidding me" moments on the Q, from the $300 lobster tails to $250 boots they had the nerve to present a tote bag tonight for almost three hundred dollars. I had to turn the channel to HSN. Ive owned a Lands End Tote cloth purchased in the 1990s for about $45. Still functional. Curate is wondering why sales are slumping?  Its instances like this.

It's Qurate not Curate.

Respected Contributor

that isn’t expensive at all. Not in my world. 

Honored Contributor

People generally get insulted by a high price only when they can't afford it.  There are certainly other options with various price ranges on QVC and elsewhere. 

Contributor

The Dooney bags have bothered me for some time. Yes, we live in a capitalistic society & people have a right to spend as much $ as they want on whatever they want. And yes, they're high quality. But those purses are outrageous...and QVC is always selling tons of them. Plus, add that to how many get sold in retail stores. You can get a really beautiful, quality leather purse/tote for $50-$100. Imagine if everyone of means bought a $100 bag instead of a Dooney and took the other $179+ and did something charitable with it? Wow...a lot of good could happen for some needy folks!

Honored Contributor
Kib2 I resent people who tell me how I should spend my money which you are doing in your post. How do you know that a person who buys a $300 Dooney also didn't give far more than that to charities? You are imposing your values and choices on others, when they have every right to make their own choices and not buy a bag YOU think they should buy.
Esteemed Contributor

@Reever wrote:

In the latest of "You gotta be kidding me" moments on the Q, from the $300 lobster tails to $250 boots they had the nerve to present a tote bag tonight for almost three hundred dollars. I had to turn the channel to HSN. Ive owned a Lands End Tote cloth purchased in the 1990s for about $45. Still functional. Curate is wondering why sales are slumping?  Its instances like this.

You have a right to post whatever you want to post. This is a forum for people to post their opinions. To bad the other posters don't understand that concept, and go on the attack.  The responses you got are very telling about them, and it is not good! 

Honored Contributor

Sounds perfect to carry a pair of Old Navy flip flops in.

Esteemed Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

People generally get insulted by a high price only when they can't afford it.  There are certainly other options with various price ranges on QVC and elsewhere. 

I guess you don't rub elbows with the rich. They are some of the cheapest people in the world, and they do pinch pennies. They also complain about how expensive ordinary things are. You have no idea whether she can afford the tote or not that is not what her post was about.