Esteemed Contributor

22 Ways to Wear a Denim Skirt

[ Edited ]

Yes, this old staple is back again. I love some of the ideas in this slideshow.

22 ideas for wearing a denim skirt

QVC has a few really cute denim skirts right now:

Screen Shot 2016-05-20 at 6.32.05 AM.png

http://www.qvc.com/C.-Wonder-Stretch-Denim-Skirt-with-Status-Buttons.product.A277473.html?sc=A277473...

Screen Shot 2016-05-20 at 6.32.40 AM.png

LINK

Screen Shot 2016-05-20 at 6.38.02 AM.png

LINK

Screen Shot 2016-05-20 at 6.42.48 AM.png

LINK

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Esteemed Contributor

Re: 22 Ways to Wear a Denim Skirt

My favorite from the slideshow:

Gant_White_Shirt_BlackOrchid_DenimSkirt_Zara_BlackPumps-8.jpg

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Esteemed Contributor

@gardensla, I bought the IM denim pencil skirt. It is adorable, fits perfectly, and very flattering.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack

I guess they throw in a bit of span these days?

I just remember the 70's version and they weren't very comfortable!

Frequent Contributor

I have two of these  - one from NY&Co I got about 2 years ago that is shorter and hits me mid thigh, and another from ON that I've had for about 6 years that's just to my knee.  I have hesitated to part with them because I do like them and they are rather cute on.  I just hate that habit my thighs have of greeting each other continually when I wear them on a rather warm day.  And I am not a fan of wearing those slip shorts (of which I have several pairs) under a denim skirt, because it makes the skirt ride up as you walk.  "Fun" for viewers, not so much for the wearer. I'll still wear mine - just not on an even slightly humid day.

The slides seem to show a LOT of those that are a bit flippy and A-line, which seem more comfortable, but I also see they are mostly buttoned all the way down the front.  I recall having one of those and I didn't like it. Not because it was uncomfortable, but because when you sit, those buttons form little bumps that become nearly impossible to tame once you get up and you are subjected to walking around with hills and bumps on the front of your skirt.  I hope they are making them of a softer, tencel-like denim, if that's the case. 

My favorite of the slides was the one where the model wore it with tennis shoes.  Really cute!

Esteemed Contributor

@Andreatoo, I checked the fabric content on the IM skirt, it is 99% cotton, 1% spandex. That 1% makes a world of difference. One review stated that it was one size too small, not my experience. I ordered my typical 2 and it was perfect.

Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

@Andreatoo, I checked the fabric content on the IM skirt, it is 99% cotton, 1% spandex. That 1% makes a world of difference. One review stated that it was one size too small, not my experience. I ordered my typical 2 and it was perfect.

@MaggieMack

1% is plenty and my sweet spot when it comes to denim! Not that it's a requirement in pants but in the skirt it means that it moves with you! Unlike the denim skirts of ancient times Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

@MaggieMack

"I ordered my typical 2 and it was perfect."

Phhhhhhhhhft! Sticking my tongue out at you! I think I was bigger than a size two in 6th grade.  If you weren't my clothing sister, Maggie, I would have to stop speaking to you.  (love you though!)

Esteemed Contributor

@islandgrrl wrote:

@MaggieMack

Phhhhhhhhhft! Sticking my tongue out at you! I think I was bigger than a size two in 6th grade.  If you weren't my clothing sister, Maggie, I would have to stop speaking to you.  (love you though!)

@islandgrrl, maybe I should have said "size 2 in Q World." In real life, it's a 4 or 6. I think you are going to LOVE those Ana pants, we're built so much alike. Don't feel badly if you have to go up a size!

Respected Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

@islandgrrl wrote:

@MaggieMack

@islandgrrl, maybe I should have said "size 2 in Q World." In real life, it's a 4 or 6. I think you are going to LOVE those Ana pants, we're built so much alike. Don't feel badly if you have to go up a size!

@MaggieMack Can't wait to go check them out! I have a crazy weekend but will do my best to get there asap.  I've purchased a.n.a. pants in the past but definitely want to try these on to get the best fit.  Thanks again for the tip! Heart