Esteemed Contributor

Re: 22 Ways to Wear a Denim Skirt

I have the one from C. Wonder and what I like is that only the top two buttons are functional. It's also super comfy.

I've ordered the one from GILI!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

My fave is the one from C Wonder but that is way too short for me. 

Regarding the sizing issue, I carry my weight in my lower half so in a pencil skirt, I generally have to go up a size and then have the waist altered.  Maybe that was the reviewer's issue as well?   

Esteemed Contributor

@gardensla This made me run to see whether I'd kept any of my denim skirts.  Evidently I purged most of them long ago, but of course I kept my Linea denim skirt (A232360) in that dark navy wash.  Good to know that I'll be stylin' when I wear it!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

@gardensla

I liked your "fav,", too.  I couldn't figure out how to cut/paste, but I also loved the outfit with the black bomber jacket and the one with the frayed edge.  Also like the GILI.   I've been on the lookout for a midi length denim skirt for a couple of years, but no luck yet...my short denim skirt days are o.v.e.r. as evidenced by my use of the ancient "cut/paste" hahahahahaha!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

@gardensla

I liked your "fav,", too.  I couldn't figure out how to cut/paste, but I also loved the outfit with the black bomber jacket and the one with the frayed edge.  

Hailey Baldwin

Cupcakes & Cashmere

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MaggieMack wrote:

@Andreatoo, I checked the fabric content on the IM skirt, it is 99% cotton, 1% spandex. That 1% makes a world of difference. One review stated that it was one size too small, not my experience. I ordered my typical 2 and it was perfect.

I'm the same size as you are. I am a true size 2 in B & M stores andI just ordered this skirt in dark indigo. Hope it fits. I bought a Theory classic white long sleeve shirt with cuffs and cuff links (so cute) for $7 from a consignment store (retails for $200+) which I'll be pairing with the skirt, like the picture in post #2.

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono

Thank you! Heart  I could have rocked that bomber jacket outfit at one point in my life LOL!  There was another frayed skirt...I liked that one better.  (hint hint Smiley Tongue )

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

I used to have a slightly above knee denim skirt but I had to donate it as I gained weight. I have been looking for a new one -  not because they are in style, but because it is a great casual summer look IMO. I am old enough to see lots of trends return and this is one of them. 

Honored Contributor

I like the slightly longer options here!  (Not too short)  Very classic/'classy', imo.   Now I'm going to check out the suggestions here, probably will order one.   Year-around denim styles always look good. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).