Respected Contributor

I bought through amazon the seiki tv SE28HY10 /the same as product # E275494 on QVC. I wonder if anyone owns it. It has a great picture and sound and was just the right size for where I wanted it in my kitchen. But I cannot get the remote to work right. It will only change via the + and minus, not with the # pad. If it is on 13 and I press 20 it appears to be changing but has not-- still on 13.

I spoke with 3 different people at amazon , they were polite and helpful ,sent a new remote (no difference) The 3rd transferred me to the Seiki co. and the rep was rude and could only say it was the antenna's fault. This made no sense to me. also she hung up. Smiley Sad Does this make sense ? am I missing something? We do not have cable ., but we have 3 other tv s including one analog that the remotes all work. Live in a big city were we get fairly good reception save stormy weather.

Respected Contributor

Have you tried pressing 020? Maybe the remote needs 3 numbers.

Honored Contributor

This link goes to the SE28HY10 user manual PDF. It has an image of the remote control.

If you look at page 8, instruction number 4, it appears you need to use the "-" button when a channel has more than one digit:

https://d1vofmza27mmhi.cloudfront.net/product-pdf/seiki-se28hy10-use-and-care-manual.pdf

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor
I have two smaller TVs in the bedrooms, both installed by Direct TV, and neither change channels or the sound like they're supposed to do. I have to change channels with the satellite remote, use both remotes to turn off and on, and use the TV remote to adjust the sound.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor
On 8/5/2014 dooBdoo said:

This link goes to the SE28HY10 user manual PDF. It has an image of the remote control.

If you look at page 8, instruction number 4, it appears you need to use the "-" button when a channel has more than one digit:

https://d1vofmza27mmhi.cloudfront.net/product-pdf/seiki-se28hy10-use-and-care-manual.pdf

Thank you, that does it! I don't have to do that on the others but I guess I do on this one.
I appreciate all of your responses. and no one hung up on me!Smiley Happy I had to use a magnifying glass to read what came with the tv--smallest print I have ever not seen.

to me the quote I use from Maya Angelou will be applied to the Seiki company!