Respected Contributor

transferring contacts and old number to new tracfone

I just got a new tracfone to replace and old one.  Has anyone actually used Transfer Wizard to transfer info?  How does it work?  I am not tech savy!

Honored Contributor

Re: transferring contacts and old number to new tracfone

@bargainsgirl.  Yes, there's another active thread here that describes the process.  It works like a charm.  Transferring service is also very simple.  Ill try to find it for you.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Thanks very much!!

Honored Contributor

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Electronics/TRACFONE-THE-WORST/td-p/4605939

@bargainsgirl  Here you go.  Tracfones has really simplified this process.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Thank you very much!  Will do it today!

Valued Contributor

Where does one get the Transfer Wizard app?  I would like to transfer my contacts from previous LG tracfone to the Stylo.

I looked on the Play Store, but confused by the choices since several seemed to be phone company specific.

Also does anyone know if I can just move my memory card to the new phone with resetting/initializing anything?  I think I read a review somewhere that someone did that successfully, but don't know where I read it.

Respected Contributor

I just did it today!  You can text WIZARD to 611611 and the app comes up or google Tracfone transfer wizard.  It will walk you through.  Took me about 10-15 minutes.  Easier than I thought it would be.

Honored Contributor

A Verizon tech helped me.  We copied the contacts from my old flip phone to the Verizon Cloud, and from there, downloaded them to Contacts on my new LG phone.  It didn't take five minutes.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986