Respected Contributor

I know it's the older of the 2 photo programs but, I like it and want to continue to use it.  I'm having a problem with my iMac and iPhoto.  I no longer can share photos with Facebook.  When I select share then Facebook, a dialog box appears, I enter my user name and password and get an error message.  The error message says a unknown error has occured.  Please try again later.  No matter what I've done, the same error mesage appears.  I don't have the problem on my MacBook.  I know the user name and password are correct.  This has just started in the last week.  Any ideas?   

Honored Contributor

I still use iPhoto too.  Only because their slideshow is easier to use than the Photo app.

I do not use FB, so I cannot help there even though I have an iMac as well as a MBP.  Suggest you post your problem on Apple's iPhoto forums.  Plenty of iPhoto expert helpers there.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I post from Iphoto to FB all the time. 

Might warrent a call to their tech dept who are generally great

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

The problem is, I can't create a FaceBook account on my iMac's iPhoto program.  When I open iPhoto, go to preferences, accounts and click on the plus sign I try to create an account but get an error message and the account fails.  I've been to the Apple forums and couldn't find anyone else having the same problem. 

Honored Contributor

@glb613

"I've been to the Apple forums and couldn't find anyone else having the same problem."

Why should that stop you from posting your problem?  Problems do not have to be the same as yours.

All problems are welcomed.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

Re: iPhoto problem

[ Edited ]

I increased my iCloud storage but I can't get my photos in iPhoto to upload.  I'm going to Simply Mac this afternoon and talk to someone about these problems.  I should be able to do both easily and it just won't cooperate. 

Edit:  I finally figured out how to upload my vacation photos through the iCloud Drive online.  This experience is almost enough to make me go back to Windows.  I want to organize and save my photos the way I WANT not the way Apple wants you to do it.  It's almost like Steve Jobs is controlling my computer from the grave!