Frequent Contributor

Does anyone have an iPad with a USB port, if so is it a regular size USB port, that fits almost everything or is it a special size that only fits Apple stuff

Respected Contributor

Re: iPad usb port

[ Edited ]

My iPad usb port is the same size as my Apple phones.  The chargers don't fit my Galaxy phone or Kindle and didn't fit my old LG/Android tablet.  I can plug Apple devices into my laptop and PC but with the large USB end of the charger.

Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the info, so I can use my regular thumb drives in the iPad usb port

Esteemed Contributor

@Hazelfaye 

Have never owned anything "i", but!  I am sure there are converters you can buy at say, radio shack, that will do this for you. Better if you don't, of course, but there are options. 

Think I have almost every kind of electronic converter and A/B switch ever made.

hckynut(john)🥅🏒  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Frequent Contributor

Have only owned a very old apple product.  They have 1 port. I googled "can I plug my usb into my iPad "

Responses were many that it is possible BUT you have to buy a usb to c connector.  

The normal thumb drive will not plug in directly. 

Super Contributor

@Hazelfaye wrote:

Does anyone have an iPad with a USB port, if so is it a regular size USB port, that fits almost everything or is it a special size that only fits Apple stuff

No, they don't have a port.  You need an adapter which you can buy almost any electronic store including Best Buy. 

Esteemed Contributor

The newer watches do need a different adapter.

If you are not sure about a match, take the cord that came with the product to the store with you when buying an adapter.

Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@Hazelfaye 

Have never owned anything "i", but!  I am sure there are converters you can buy at say, radio shack, that will do this for you. Better if you don't, of course, but there are options. 

Think I have almost every kind of electronic converter and A/B switch ever made.

hckynut(john)🥅🏒  🇺🇸

@hckynutjohn 

Yes, but FINDING them exactly when you want them is an issue,

at least at my home. 🙃

Hope y’all are doing well.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

@Drythe 

We only have 1 cat left now, but he is the most curious of all of them, but!  My electronic controls and devices I keep where he can't move them. My wife, she just wants to turn things on and they work. Me? Always tinkering with most anything electronic. Right now?  Not so much, barely able to move.

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn 

John,  knowing your interest in electronics, I suspected yours were organized.  DH has all that stuff organized and put away.

Problem is when I want one, he’s not around to say where, or which.  Like Cindy, when I turn it on, I expect it to work.  As long as I can turn it on, and work it, I don’t need to know HOW it works.

One of our Labradors went through 3 TV remotes, and one phone OtterBox while he was a pup!  Got so all I had to do was call the TV  📺 reps, and they said, ‘did Alex get another one?

Keep on healing, hope you are gliding along soon!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras