Contributor

Must have picked up a bug on q site as I am getting pop ups on that site only. What can I do. New at this. thanks

Honored Contributor

Might try setting your browser settings to block pop-ups. May not work 100% but it can make a huge difference.

hckynut(john)
Contributor

new to the computer no one here to ask, what exactly do I do. thanks for your reply

Honored Contributor

Another thing that helps is to go into your browser settings and add some extensions/add-ons with names such as:

AdBlock Edge
AdBlock Plus
Adblock Plus Pop-up Addon

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor
On 8/14/2014 imaklutz said:

new to the computer no one here to ask, what exactly do I do. thanks for your reply

What browser are you using? Internet Explorer/Firefox or another browser? If Internet Explorer or Firefox I can take you step by step if you wish.

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor
On 8/14/2014 dooBdoo said:

Another thing that helps is to go into your browser settings and add some extensions/add-ons with names such as:

AdBlock Edge
AdBlock Plus
Adblock Plus Pop-up Addon

I don't have any of these enabled and no popups. It's best to update and run security scans first and see if there is malware installed.

Super Contributor

i guess u installed some adware..

Valued Contributor

Installing AdblockPlus is the best thing I have ever done on my computer. No ads of any kind on the Internet. Love it. Just go to AdblockPlus.org

Contributor

Thanks hckynut (John).....I am using internet explorer.

Honored Contributor
On 8/15/2014 imaklutz said:

Thanks hckynut (John).....I am using internet explorer.

Open the Internet Explorer browser and follow these steps.

1- Go to top of page where it says "tools"

2- Click on it. You will see a "drop down box"

3- Go all the way to the bottom of this box and you will see "Internet Options", click on it

4- You will see another box pop up. This will have 7 tabs to choose from

5- Open the tab that says "Privacy"

6- Look down that box until you see "Turn on Pop-Up Blocker

7- There is a box to the left of this. Make sure you put a check mark in this

8- Make sure you click on "apply" and then "ok". That will turn on the Pop-Up Blocker

hckynut(john)