Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

I am thinking about changing from tracfone ,to this service,maybe getting a i phone, or samsung.

@goldensrbest 

You may want to look at the iPhone 11 or the 12 which comes to market in October 2020.

Apple will have four phones in. It's upcoming offering.

I like a phone to be 2.98 - 3.06 Wide by 6.1 height or more. You will be able to read text on a phone of this size.

Samsung has a Note 20 being introduced in. August 2020. 

You should be able to find leak on YouTube videos and articles .  You should be able to find reviews and unboxings.

IPhones receive updates longer than  Samsung, Notes, and S  series products. 

I don't need the latest  new phone, just a good one ,they have some on consumer cellular web site.

Yes, Consumer Cellular has two older IPhones online. These are at the end of their user life. 

A quality smart phone costs the same as a laptop.

If you need a phone now, you should look at the iPhone XR or the Samsung S10 series products. 

Samsung has a clearance sale to make way for Note 20 on their site.

Please understand a carriers unlocking policy.

You do not want to get stuck with a paperweight. 

What exactly do i need to know about any unlocking plan, i want a reliable smart phone ,with monthly low charges,  is there something you think is wrong with consumer cellular?

Let's say you buy your phone from Comsumer Cellular and you are having a problem getting calls. You want to find another carrier. Some companies will not allow a phone to be unlocked. Each company has their own rules.

People today move from company to company all the time. 

Enjoy your new phone. 

Honored Contributor

DH got his phone from the Apple website.  I believe you can use any phone with Consumer Celluar but you can call and ask them! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

@AngelPuppy1

It is nice you and DH purchased an iPhone. 

Honored Contributor

@Nuttmeg 

Thanx!  We are both pretty old school -- always use(d) trac phones and are not really tech people at all.  But --- it's a good thing that he figures out stuff pretty well -- unlike me!  He is trying to show me how to do some things on it and I am pretty slow.  We were  glad to get one at such a great price -- otherwise, we would never have purchased!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Super Contributor

OP, is there some reason you cannot do online research??  It is so very easy to do so especially based on the specifics you want.  You would find answers to all the specifics in an extremely timely manner by doing so.  You would also learn alot which is important for everyone, regardless of age.  You can research unlocked phones, the carrier you are interested in, etc. to see what thousands of others are saying.  You can research via any search engine as well as utilize YouTube.  This is what most people do in order to learn, especially prior to making a significant and/or new purchase.  

Honored Contributor

@BeautyLver   I think op just wanted opinions and first hand knowledge from posters here on the forums. I see these type of questions here all day and every day asking for advice. I do it myself.

Super Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@BeautyLver   I think op just wanted opinions and first hand knowledge from posters here on the forums. I see these type of questions here all day and every day asking for advice. I do it myself.

I'm not oblivious to above.  However, she has been asking questions since June 29.  as well as seeming very unfamiliar with unlocked phones, restrictions based on carrier. My point(s) are/were clear in my post.