Honored Contributor

Looking into  this service,with a phone they have, does any one use this ?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest   I have been using Consumer cellular for about two years now.  I am very happy with the service and it's half of what I was paying to Verizon.  Literally half! Highly recommend Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Which phone did you get?

Regular Contributor

We have used this service for the past five years. My husband and I bought our phones from them at Target. They have excellent cell coverage at an amazing price. I highly recommend them.

Honored Contributor

@redbird wrote:

We have used this service for the past five years. My husband and I bought our phones from them at Target. They have excellent cell coverage at an amazing price. I highly recommend them.

Which phones did you get?

Honored Contributor

Re: consumer cellular

[ Edited ]

@LindaSal wrote:

@goldensrbest   I have been using Consumer cellular for about two years now.  I am very happy with the service and it's half of what I was paying to Verizon.  Literally half! Highly recommend Smiley Happy

That is also why we switched 5 years ago to Consumer Cellular. Our Verizon bill was creeping up every month. After a bit of research my husband figured out Consumer Cellular would be about half the price for what we were paying Verizon. And with Consumer Cellular we were getting unlimited everything.

My husband and son use their phones for so much now. I hate to think what our bills would be looking like if we were still with Verizon.

We also have been very pleased with their customer service. 

PS - Maybe we switched more than 5 years ago. We bought our original phones at Sears. My husband and son have since upgraded their phones and went to Target.

We were told by a tech that helped us transfer phone information from Verizon to Consumer Cellular that Consumer Cellular uses AT&T and Sprint towers.

Valued Contributor

Have been  Consumer Cellular user for approximately 10 years.  My husband and I both have phones from them. I have an Apple 6S and he has the model above it.  The price and the service cannot be beat.

Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest

Verizon has introduced a new pre-paid phone plan. This plan will compete with T-Mobile plans.

Consumer  Cellular may provide great service, and they wiil try to sell you additional products.

Honored Contributor

I am thinking about changing from tracfone ,to this service,maybe getting a i phone, or samsung.

Honored Contributor

I'm sure I'm in the minority but I had Consumer Cellular and switched.  I use my cell phone very little except for one month I was traveling and used it more than usual.  They automatically, without my knowledge, switched me to a different plan that I didn't want.  In order to get back my original plan I had to call them.  I told them to cancel.

I now have AT&T that I pay $25 every 3 months or when the balance gets down to $5.00.  It's 25 cents per minute and I can text.  Works for me!