Respected Contributor

anyone knowledgable with tracfones?

hello, my tracphone used to continually chirp about every 2 mins or so if i did not pick up a text or email. 

it has stopped doing this, and it's driving me crazy. i do not have my phone in my hand at all times, and i don't always hear the one little chirp when the phone is in my purse. 

i have been through the settings about a jillion (yes, jillion) times, and have everything on in the text areans. 

should i reset all  my settings to default or what. 

please help.

Valued Contributor

Re: anyone knowledgable with tracfones?

Memory Full - I have an old Tracphone.  It chirps every few minutes and reads Memory Full. 

Drives me crazier than I already am!  

Sorry to hear new Tracphones chirp, too.  

I was planning to buy a new Tracphone.

Valued Contributor

My old tracfone (LG) use to have a setting that would keep notifying me every few minutes until a text was read, which I liked because I didn't always notice it immediately.

My new phone (Samsung) has no setting that I've found to enable the notification until read.  Mine does vibrate notify constantly for EVERYTHING so I tend to just ignore it (emails, FB, updates, everything except texts it seems LOL!!)

Frequent Contributor

open up text app; tap 3 dots (upper right corner); select " Settings" then click "Notification"; at bottom of list; then select "Repeat"; select one of the 3 choices; i am thinking you want either a 2 or 5 min repeat - this should all work for your phone - if not let me know - i will help you get this resolved
Frequent Contributor

should say...click "Notification"; at bottom of list select "Repeat"..........sorry
Respected Contributor

@Mary in MO    thank you for your willingness to help me.  i don't seem to actually have a text "app". 

i can go into settings, and find the text one. every option is turned to the on position.  i have gone to the settings, and tried "sounds and vibrations" also notifications. found out i have "smart alert" lol who knew?

I JUST FOUND IT!!!!  it was under accessibility! notification reminder. and........... it was off.   no idea why it was under accessibility but who cares. 

thanks for making me look even harder. Cat LOL