Valued Contributor

I have found it very annoying trying to use the computer with more ads than content. Reding an article with three sentences and a full page of ads. I have said repeatedly that I wish there was a way to eliminate them. Well there is.I found an ad blocker. Maybe you all already aware of thisI.It's wonderful, no ads. It saves space also on your computer.I wish there was one for tvs.The one I got gives a summary of how many blocks a day and on which site. It was only  39 dollars a year.

Honored Contributor

I run AdBlock Plus and Malwarebytes, both free versions and I get NO ads on any site I visit.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@fluffysmom wrote:

The one I got gives a summary of how many blocks a day and on which site. It was only  39 dollars a year.

@fluffysmom      faint.gif

The FREE ones (add ons, extensions & apps) do the exact thing! 

Just curious, what do you get for $39 than what you already mentioned?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Valued Contributor

@KingstonsMom  If I can get it free I'm checking that out. Thanks!

Valued Contributor

@Mz iMac I get the same. I must be a dope I didn't know that it was available.

Honored Contributor

There is no "if."  AdBlock Plus is FREE & is one of the  best if not the G.O.A.T. of ad blockers. Smiley Very Happy

All browsers have the add-on or extension in their store.  You can also download the app directly from the developers website. 

Also, check your browsers settings/Preferences & make sure "block pop-ups" setting is enabled/checked.

Screen Shot 2019-09-07 at Sat, Sep 7, 2019-2.46.35 PM.png

Valued Contributor

I can't thank you enough! I was on a free trial for 6 days for the one I have.I already set up AD Block Plus.

Honored Contributor

It says they use cookies.  I hate cookies.  That's tracking you.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66You can control the tracking by going into Ad Block Preferences to set up YOUR preferences.  Mine is set up to allow no tracking from all websites that I visit since I do not allow anyone to use my desktop.

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac 

Same for me, no tracking allowed, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.