Esteemed Contributor

Not sure if posting in correct place, if not sorry!  I always had Yahoo on my Apple phone, iPad and laptop for some reason just this week I cannot see any images in the emails anymore!  Can someone tell me why or help me fix this? Any help is greatly appreciated. ❤️

Honored Contributor

@godi-

Hi!

That happened on mine too when I went back to "classic yahoo email"

I think if you go with the "new" on your email you get images.

Very annoying!

I've since gotten rid of Yahoo after many years because they had that ridiculous new agreement basically making you agree to being linked to many other companies, which I'd never heard of.

They totally jumped the shark-no offense to the shark!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Which version of Yahoo are you using?

I am still using classic Yahoo.  Yahoo is my junk email client.  I can still see images.  I switched over to the new version after I saw your post in case it's the one you are using.  My images are still showing.

Make sure your browsers on your mobile devices & comp are updated as well as Adobe Flash.  Is your laptop a Mac?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Yahoo Mail Question

[ Edited ]

Yes everything I have  Is Apple. It is happening on all, I did not switch anything. Frustrating. Thank you to all who answered. I just perplexed. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Yahoo Mail Question

[ Edited ]

@godi, What you describe is that you're not seeing "remote images" or "external images" in your mail.   There's a security feature we can enable to block automatic display of these.   (Briefly, this is important because when an email image opens/displays it has the potential to activate malicious software or notify the sender of certain things -- this is a very good reason not to allow images to display in spam messages.)   
            Since you don't mention how you're viewing mail (via Yahoo app, or with a browser -- and, if so, which browser, that sort of thing), it's hard to provide specific steps -- your best troubleshooting tool is to look for the settings that specifically address displaying remote or external images.   If you use any features or services that share settings, it might be that when it changed on one device it changed on all of them.  You'll usually find the option in your mail service's settings, often under security/privacy;  and on Apple devices look in Settings-->Mail, Contacts, Calendars-->Load Remote Images.   Yahoo mail, in my experience, is "buggy" (that's a technical term!🙃) so I'm never surprised when suddenly something goes awry with their services.  Hope that helps!😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova