Contributor

I USE BELLSOUTH (YAHOO) EMAIL. ABOUT 3 WEEKS AGO, MY ENTIRE EMAIL FORMAT CHANGED. A NOTE CAME UP SAYING: YOU'RE USING 'CLASSIC MAIL' BECAUSE YOU ARE USING AN UNSUPPORTED INTERNET BROWSER. UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER FOR THE FULL ATT.NET YAHOO MAIL EXPERIENCE.

BUT WHEN I CLICK THE ' UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER' (HILIGHTED)...I DO NOT GET ANYTHING.

I USE CROME AS DEFAULT...I SWITCHED BACK TO IE AND STILL NOTHING CHANGED...

WHAT TO DO PLZ ????

TIA

Respected Contributor

Sounds like spam to me. I can't tell you any way to correct it, but when they question me I get off the computer. I would call my server. Hope you get help. These people are busy trying to get in your computer. I'm getting phone calls now saying they are Medicare,everyday, and Medicare doesn't call people. As my son says" yes this is Steve from Pakistan". Don't trust people and don't do what they say, if there is a problem you will get a letter from your server. Call your server now,ask what this is about.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Yahoo E-Mail question

[ Edited ]

@patricia38 wrote:

I USE BELLSOUTH (YAHOO) EMAIL. ABOUT 3 WEEKS AGO, MY ENTIRE EMAIL FORMAT CHANGED. A NOTE CAME UP SAYING: YOU'RE USING 'CLASSIC MAIL' BECAUSE YOU ARE USING AN UNSUPPORTED INTERNET BROWSER. UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER FOR THE FULL ATT.NET YAHOO MAIL EXPERIENCE.

BUT WHEN I CLICK THE ' UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER' (HILIGHTED)...I DO NOT GET ANYTHING.

I USE CROME AS DEFAULT...I SWITCHED BACK TO IE AND STILL NOTHING CHANGED...

WHAT TO DO PLZ ????

TIA

@patricia38 Same thing here with me. Same message on top of my changed e-mail page. I have IE and still have from way way back an sbc.global e-mail address and they want me to update to chrome or firefox.But I haven't messed with it yet because I really don't give a hoot right now about having all the new features. Classic still works for me, at least for the time being.

Esteemed Contributor

@HLP wrote:

Sounds like spam to me. I can't tell you any way to correct it, but when they question me I get off the computer. I would call my server. Hope you get help. These people are busy trying to get in your computer. I'm getting phone calls now saying they are Medicare,everyday, and Medicare doesn't call people. As my son says" yes this is Steve from Pakistan". Don't trust people and don't do what they say, if there is a problem you will get a letter from your server. Call your server now,ask what this is about.

@HLP No, in this case it is not spam.

Respected Contributor

I can offer no advice on fixing your problem but I use Yahoo mail also and have been accessing it with IE for a long long time. I also got a message recently when accessing my mail that I could no longer use IE and to change to Chrome (or another browser that I can’t remember).  Anyway, I switched to Chrome and when I went into my Yahoo Mail via Chrome it updated on its own and seems to be working fine.  I hope someone else can help you here. 

Honored Contributor

I use Yahoo mail with Chrome and there is a way to change to seetings to return the format to Classic, I will look and see if I can find it 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

figured it out

Settings on right side of the page of the yahoo mail page, then scrolled down to more settings, there will be a list on the LEFT side, scroll down until you see switch to classic

Hope this helps

ETA to change position of the list

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Contributor

[ Edited ]

THANKS EVERYONE...BUT WITH THIS NEW CHANGE, THERE IS NO 'SETTINGS' LIKE I USED TO HAVE...I CANNOT EVEN SEE MY STATIONERY, CANNOT CHANGE TEXT, COLOR, SIZE OF TEXT, CANNOT EVEN ADDED IMAGES, OR DRAG & DROP, IT'S THE PITS, NOTHING WORKS. MY SISTER HAS THE SAME BELLSOUTH(YAHOO) AND SHE IS NOT HAVING ANY PROBLEMS "AT ALL"....I HAVE A GMAIL ACCOUNT, SO WILL USE THAT TIL PERHAPS YAHOO WILL GET THEIR MESS STRAIGHTENED OUT...