Trusted Contributor

Win 8 isn't that bad once you get used to it. I was very leery of switching over from Vista to 8. But I figured that I survived Vista and if I can do that, 8 would be a piece of cake! DH has my old Vista computer and I have a new Dell desktop with 8.1. First thing I did was get rid of the password, second thing was to set it up to boot to the desktop. Since I don't use the START screen that often, I got rid of every tile on the screen, except for my desktop tile. I use my desktop to go into my other programs.

While it wasn't exactly a piece of cake, compared to Vista? Much better. It's really not that bad.

Trusted Contributor
On 8/5/2014 glb613 said: Windows 8.1 takes me to the desktop when the computer boots. You can toggle between the tiles and the desktop by pressing the Windows key. When I need to search for something, I go to the tiles, start typing what I want to find and the search function starts. I doesn't matter if it;s a document or program. If you are at the tiles, click on the down arrow found on the left bottom of the screen and it takes you to all of your programs or apps. I think Windows 8 has some really nice features. You just need to take the time and learn it.

ITA! Most of us don't like change but if learn some of the tips the change is often better than the original. I really like the search feature in 8/8.1!!

KJPA