Esteemed Contributor

Please read about this update before installing. 

Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@apple1964 wrote:

I remember my laptop updating for about two ours after I shut down. [a few days ago] I am going to check both my computers to see if that new update installed or not? Thanks O/P for starting this thread. I think my next computer will be a Mac. Tired of Microsoft and there updates already.Woman Frustrated

@apple1964 @willdob3 sorry to be the bearer of bad news but both PC's and MACs update their software from time to time.  You won't bypass updates with MAC's.....

@itiswhatitis

Of course they update. I'm not concerned about Apple products doing anything like what Microsoft does. If they did, no one would want to use them & there would be little benefit to switching. Forced updates are just one reason I'm switching. The list of reasons not to use Microsoft products is long and well-known. I'm not making an uneducated decision.

Respected Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@apple1964 wrote:

I remember my laptop updating for about two ours after I shut down. [a few days ago] I am going to check both my computers to see if that new update installed or not? Thanks O/P for starting this thread. I think my next computer will be a Mac. Tired of Microsoft and there updates already.Woman Frustrated

@apple1964 @willdob3 sorry to be the bearer of bad news but both PC's and MACs update their software from time to time.  You won't bypass updates with MAC's.....

@itiswhatitis

Of course they update. I'm not concerned about Apple products doing anything like what Microsoft does. If they did, no one would want to use them & there would be little benefit to switching. Forced updates are just one reason I'm switching. The list of reasons not to use Microsoft products is long and well-known. I'm not making an uneducated decision.

Plenty of people have had problems after Apple updates.  I had games that wouldn't run after an update.  Whether it's a Windows or Apple computer, usually it's older programs that are effected. 

Honored Contributor

@glb613 wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@apple1964 wrote:

@itiswhatitis

Plenty of people have had problems after Apple updates.  I had games that wouldn't run after an update.  Whether it's a Windows or Apple computer, usually it's older programs that are effected. 

@glb613

My laptop was new. Things that got messed up should have been fine. The only solution Microsoft offered was to pay them more money. The things that are wrong with Microsoft that concern me are not problems with Apple.

Respected Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@glb613 wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@apple1964 wrote:

@itiswhatitis

@glb613

My laptop was new. Things that got messed up should have been fine. The only solution Microsoft offered was to pay them more money. The things that are wrong with Microsoft that concern me are not problems with Apple.

You could have reset or restored your computer to the way it was out of the box and not pay Microsoft a dime.  Did you do that? 

Honored Contributor

@glb613 wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@glb613 wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@apple1964 wrote:

@itiswhatitis

@glb613

You could have reset or restored your computer to the way it was out of the box and not pay Microsoft a dime.  Did you do that? 

@glb613

You don't get it. What they did and are doing and will continue to do is on purpose. To make money. I'm not talking about little glitches. Things like that I can fix. And not something fixed with a restore. I'm done. I'm moving on. 

Honored Contributor

Anyone who thinks Apple updates don't have issues has never owned an iPod.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Anyone who thinks Apple updates don't have issues has never owned an iPod.

My comment about Apple is based on my experience with and around them.  MAC OS does update and so does Microsoft.  Granted Microsoft's updates are more offten and are to fix patches and problems found within the OS most times.  Windows 10 doesn't cost a penny if you're running an older version of the OS on your computer.  They gave everyone a chance to upgrade to Windows 10.  There will be no new Operating Systems for anyone to purchase anymore from Windows.  Windows 10 is it.  The updates are free.

If you require a new computer today or tomorrow it will come loaded with Windows 10 as it's operating system.  No more Windows XP, Windows 7 (I had this) Windows 8 or Windows 8.1.  

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@glb613 wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@glb613 wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@apple1964 wrote:

@itiswhatitis

@glb613

@glb613

You don't get it. What they did and are doing and will continue to do is on purpose. To make money. I'm not talking about little glitches. Things like that I can fix. And not something fixed with a restore. I'm done. I'm moving on. 

@willdob3 that's NOT TRUE.  Familiarize yourself with Windows 10 and you'll understand.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

Re: Windows 10.....

[ Edited ]

willdob3 wrote:

itiswhatitis wrote:

apple1964 wrote:

@itiswhatitis

I agree with you, @apple1964 and @willdob3.   I've worked with Apple and Microsoft devices since the 1980s, and I was pleased when I could move solely to Apple.   Of course they have updates, but they're so relatively trouble-free and so different from Microsoft updates they probably shouldn't both be called the same thing since that invites comparison.   It's really two different "animals."   

I use Apple computers and mobile devices, and have done so for a long time.   iPads and iPhones, and desktops.   For certain, some people run into problems after updates, but relatively few do and the issues are simpler and easier to fix in the vast majority of cases.   If we were to run a comparison of the percentage of Apple users with problems to the percentage of users of other devices, it would be clear which one is more trouble-free.    As someone who not only has experience as a user but also as IT support,  I know which systems have more frequent problems and also present with more complex problems.    And, of course, Apple devices are safer from attack...  not perfect, not completely safe, and we have to keep a watchful eye...  but still safer.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova