Contributor

What tracphone would you buy off if QVC or HSN?  No more triple minutes, going from marshmallow to nougat, and other new things changing on the horizon.  It all will affect every track phone user eventually. Guardsmen and Hickory nut you are some of the ones that seem knowledgeable but would like opinions from. I am not a big phone user but would still like something besides a flip  phone as a back up. Thank you all for your opinions and or advice. I love reading what everyone has to say so please open to all comments . Thank you.

Trusted Contributor

I have purchased 2 Samsung Tracfones from QVC: a Grand Prime for my son, and a Galaxy Sky for me.  We absolutely love them.  They are saving us so much money it's crazy; however, neither of us are big data users.  I would say my son is an average texter and below average talker.  I am average on both.  I would say we're spending no more than $100 per year per phone for minutes because they triple.  I won't even mention how much we were paying before.  Plenty of features I haven't used yet, but it's nice to know they're there. Good luck!!

Honored Contributor

I heard them say no more triple mins on HSN & things are changing. I looked on Tracfone's site & you can see from their pricing on mins/data/text etc for Smartphones is already tripled for the price you pay & what you get. So for the price you still get triple mins for the price.

The 1 yr now is $125 for 1500 mins, 1500 text & 1.5GB data & 1 yr service. These mins don't triple but already are if you see what I mean. 

It was $100 for 400 mins, 400 text & don't remember the data with 1 yr service. Those mins/text were tripled to 1200.

Those prices don't include their taxes/fees.

I think Tracfone is changing things trying to keep people from buying phones just for the mins because it was cheaper then buying the service thru Tracfone. Don't know what kind of deals HSN/QVC will have with the changes of no more triple mins. I don't know if they still have double mins on their basic phones or not.

Respected Contributor

If I were buying right now to upgrade my current Tracfone, I would buy the Fiesta, with Nougat OS and 16gb and a much better camera.  It is a very good upgrade for me.

Respected Contributor

I own and have 2 going.  All I know is holding a 5" phone is a lot better than the 5-1/2" phone..you say, a 1/2", those big one's are a nuisance.

Esteemed Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

I own and have 2 going.  All I know is holding a 5" phone is a lot better than the 5-1/2" phone..you say, a 1/2", those big one's are a nuisance.

Interesting @Just Bling. I've avoided the 5.5" for exactly that reason.  It just seems too awkward for my size hand and I think I'd be likely to drop it.

To fellow posters who do use a 5.5" phone, do you feel you need to hold it 'sideways' (in landscape position) to feel comfortable and have a secure grip?

Respected Contributor

No. I think that would be more uncomfortable. I thought the LG Fiesta would be clumsy at 5.5" but after a day or two it comes naturally for me. If you have tiny hands it may be too big.  I love mine. I do have an iRing on the back but never needed it for added support.  Smiley Happy

I bought a thingie at 5 and Below for 2 or 3 dollars, it sticks on the back of the phone and has a ring that you put your finger through...makes the phone feel very secure.

Respected Contributor

This is an iRing but Walmart has a cheaper version at most of the check outs and in their electronics department. Worth the security it provides. You can also remove it and restick it if you get a different cover. It also comes in many colors.IMG_2061.PNG

Respected Contributor
I don't think that Tracfone ending "triple minutes" for 7.0 and above phones has anything to do with users not buying service. Many, like me, don't buy service, anyway, because of these shopping channel bundles. Getting the phone, texts/data/minutes and, most importantly, a year's service, is the BEST deal. People simply "upgrade" when the next bundle is offered, and there's no monthly fee. I've never purchased the T/D/M cards since I've had a smartphone, either. It seems I don't use the phone for calls lol and, at $5 for 1000 texts, I feel I'm far better off than those non-prepaid users who are paying a monthly charge for service--not to mention additional fees, charges, and taxes.

What worries you masters you.