Respected Contributor

I own the Samsung J7 version that was issued by T Mobile and have had it for a year. Very close in specs with the Q's Tracfone offering. Slight difference in processor and lower MP in camera. No Super Amoled screen.

One problem with really cheap phones is that you end up throwing them out very soon. Obviously, if you are still tied to a traditional phone and just need a flip phone or very inexpensive phone, then OK. I really didn't want to buy a new phone every year.

My J7 is my main phone and because of my projects, etc, I needed to be in contact with managers. This is definitely a smartphone. When older people, 60-plus and over see it, They get excited, because they can SEE it. My particular version has a simplifed screen so that you get only the bare essentials. Very manageable.  I love watching media, emailing and texting on it. It's also easy to read books and newspapers. Great battery life. Is it a nuisance? I have suitable sized bags and handbags to accommodate it. 

I have small hands and wrists, so for me it's definitely a two-handed handset. The battery that they use makes the device heavy.  This is definitely a phablet. 

This Tracfone version is very similar to the J7 Prime currently offered by T Mobile for a lot more. So at the Q price, it is still a bargain when you consider the minutes are thrown in. You probably could squeeze 2-3 years of use out of it. (Mine is still going strong.)

Hope this helps.

Esteemed Contributor

@JavaQueen, thanks much for your review. Appreciate hearing your knowledge gained thru experience. 

Contributor

Java Queen we can't read minds here. Spit out the name of the tracphone like the J7 Prime!

Respected Contributor

It's very similar. It's the J7 Sky. They are both J7. Whether a Sky, Prime or T Mobile. Samsung made many versions of this J7 model.

After I had responded to this thread I saw the other thread about the Tracfone.

Respected Contributor

You're welcome!  Someone else has started a thread about this and I put more information about the phone over there.

QVC has priced the TracfoneJ7 Sky to compete with Metro PCS and Boost Mobile..