Respected Contributor

Yesterday all my Windows 10 tiles (I think that is what they are called) dissapeared. Like my tabs for Mail weather etc. The only way I can access my mail is if I get a notification and click on that. Can anyone tell me how to get these back? I tried system restore but that did not work.

Trusted Contributor

Try clicking the notifications icon in the bottom right hand corner of the screen, then choose tablet mode.

I'm not sure if I'm understanding you correctly. I use a Windows 10 computer but don't use the tiles/apps or tablet mode.

Screenshot (64).jpg

Respected Contributor

I am not on a tablet. I am on a desktop computer. I do not know what they are called but when you went to the start button there were squares to click in for mail. weather, games etc. Then you could click on what you wanted to open. All of those disappeared. The programs are still there but I just cannot open them. I can get my mail if I get a notification and open from there.

Honored Contributor

You could install 'classic shell' (classicshell.net).  That way everything is accessible like it was before Win8.   It's free and unintrusive.

I use that on my Win8.1 and Win10 computers because I don't like those dumb tiles, anyway.   

Trusted Contributor

When you click the Start button, is your alphabetical menu there? If it is right click on each item you want displayed as a tile, and choose Pin to start from the pop-up menu.

Respected Contributor

No they are not listed there either. Thanks to you both for trying to help.

Valued Contributor

Re: Windows 10 tiles

[ Edited ]

I do not like Windows 10, arent I a big help. Honestly it seems so unfriendly and not intuitive. I just put my old Vista desktop down against my will, so Microsoft wins again. Those tiles do not have one thing on them I use, I do not get it!

Respected Contributor

@blankette wrote:

I do not like Windows 10, arent I a big help. Honestly it seems so unfriendly and not intuitive. I just put my old Vista desktop down against my will, so Microsoft wins again. Those tiles do not have one thing on them I use, I do not get it!

Install Classic Shell.  It will make your computer look like earlier versions of Windows.