Esteemed Contributor

Re: Which Would You Do?

[ Edited ]

I would buy a new computer. I like the Dell small business computer series the Vostro 15 7590 and the its smaller siblings the 14 7590.

These two laptops have a combination of decent parts. I would say say good specs.

Good parts, a basic warranty, and the price includes  anti-virus protection for 12 months. 

I then, look for online reviews. 

Honored Contributor

@wismiss 

Buy new. Save yourself a headache, while also having a computer with updated parts. Like a car "a rebuilt engine does not make a 2010 car new". Same with upgrading to Win10, new operating system, still old parts.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

Buy new.... Have you thought about a Chrome book? I love them they are made with built in virus protection and they update themselves. And they are less expensive then a laptop from windows. And less problems no more dreaded updates you have to hope does not mess up the computer. And the battery life is much longer then on a windows device. Okay to answer your question I would not put any money into a old device. Because nowadays if you can get 4 years on any device that was money well spent.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you for all your suggestions and advice.  I received my new computer yesterday.  Decided on an HP Envy. These older eyes need a bigger screen or I might have gone with a notebook rather than a laptop.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Trusted Contributor

Well, I was able to "move" a lot of things to my new HP Envy computer from the Toshiba, but will still keep the Toshiba to play games, etc-----those things not involving going on the network.  I do like my HP but am working on getting used to the Office program and just the difference in how to access some things.  Thanks for all your advice and suggestions.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta