What is going on with the laptops on QVC?

My mom has a laptop on order (

HP 15" Touch Laptop Core i5 8GB RAM 1TB HDD w/ 16GB Optane, Tech & Office

) and I'm quite worried...apparently she didn't see the reviews/ratings, as it currently sits at 1.6 stars! Everyone's seems to be going out in the time period of a day to a couple weeks.

Every laptop I look at on here seems to have mostly negative or no reviews at all. Is it just common knowledge that QVC sells defective laptops? If it busts and she returns it within the time period, would they give her a replacement that would also be busted?

Honored Contributor

Re: What is going on with the laptops on QVC?

I would return it & buy one some place else so you don't have to deal with the issues. Staples always has some good deals on computers.

Super Contributor

I myself never purchase any item based on someone opinion. I go by my on research and what is best for me. There are times when they give an opinion is for reason not necessarily on a defect but because they fine it is not right for what they needed it for. If you want a laptop do your research or go to a store , inquire about it before you may your purchase.

Esteemed Contributor

@ladyann45 wrote:

I myself never purchase any item based on someone opinion. I go by my on research and what is best for me. There are times when they give an opinion is for reason not necessarily on a defect but because they fine it is not right for what they needed it for. If you want a laptop do your research or go to a store , inquire about it before you may your purchase.

Many people don’t have experience buying a laptop. They trust QVC, and like EZ-Pay.

Trusted Contributor

Have you tried looking at reviews outside of QVC?  Try looking at other retailers for a the same or at least very similar laptop and see what the reviews are.  

Respected Contributor

I bought an HP laptop last year for Christmas for my grandson.  It died three times in about 10 months.  To HP's credit after the third time they did replace it.  QVC's return policy is 30 days period.  

Honored Contributor

@CatSoul

DH (who's an engineer and certified computer technician) and I have used HP computers and laptops for years and have always had good results with them.

Our last 2 HP laptops were from QVC about 6-7 years ago and are still going strong.

THAT SAID....in the years since then, it does seem like they add unneeded software/accessories, etc., which ups the price and the reviews are worse than before.

BUT, do know that they do not usually sell the latest versions of computers, either. 

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.