Honored Contributor

Re: Use yr Cell for Bank Business? How assure yr safety?

No, I don't use my cell phone for banking or for shopping for that matter.  

Honored Contributor

They can also hack bank records whether you even have a phone or computer or not.

Banking is electronic.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Well as I have just recently learned, apparently it is much safer than using a mail box outside a post office.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ValuSkr wrote:

I do not.  I think a desktop (or laptop) is more secure than a mobile phone.  That's generally speaking, of course, and assuming the computer has decent anti-virus software.

@ValuSkr 

While no method is 100% secure, thats the same plan I follow-----

My sister and also a friend each banks with a different Credit Union and they use their AAPS exclusively and they were recently BOTH hacked too (in the last few days).....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Frequent Contributor

I'm old fashioned and think phones are for talking.  All my on line activity is done  on my desktop or lap top. 

Banking is done on my desktop with a wired connection.  I know nothing is completely secure and try not to take chances on anything.

Honored Contributor

No way for me, either.   While my phone is at pretty much no liability for being physically stolen or such, I feel like the degree of safety is much higher with my home network/computer and don't do anything that brings in bank account stuff or even logging in to retailers on the phone.

That's what works for me.  Smiley Happy   I don't begrudge it others.    I don't do 'apps' or any of that on my phone, shy of just the stuff that makes it operable.  I do have those stupid Blink cameras on there, as there was no other choice (he bought them w/o doing any research - I would have passed), but they are so awful about the only time some of them go off is if there is a breeze.

Trusted Contributor

Yep, for the past fifteen years or soSmiley LOL

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Trusted Contributor

@TwinkleBell @Yes I do .  I use both my laptop and my phone.  I don't use an app on my phone however I go directly to the website and log in. The only "hacking" I have ever had was a person trying use a credit card of mine.  Declined purchase, they deactivated the card and sent out a new one.  And no I am not worried.  In all honesty chances are a vast majority of people here who don't believe anything has been hacked of theirs has had information stolen.  It doesn't always mean a monetary steal either.  They sell all kinds of mundane information for other purposes.  Basically you can have little internet footprint and still get information stolen and you might never know. Companies have your information stored online.  Even if you don't use online banking again all your information is out there.  Along with your mortgage, water, gas, electric etc.  Sure their websites are secure but there are breaches of security and it's not that uncommon. 

Super Contributor

I rarely use my phone for banking.  Not because I think it's unsafe, it's because the screen is too small.  I do like deposting checks using my bank's app and that is the only thing I do. 

Esteemed Contributor

No one is safe from hacking today.  @gardenman said data is data.  Alot depends on these large institutions, how safe their networks are. And so many of them are proving to be not so safe.  It's good to be sensible about electronic safety but most of it is out of your hands.  

Trees are the lungs of the Earth