Honored Contributor

I clicked on them and over on the right said all free thank God ! Said I "purchased" them, no, I didn't. They make it to where you have to give them your credit card info, in order to upgrade for free.

Hopefully, this will be the last upgrade for me before I climb in my coffin

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

I don't want I Cloud that came in on the upgrade to High Sierra now I have to figure out how to get rid of it. I want all my pictures in my own computer not stored elsewhere.

@SharkE

I have never used iCloud.  I use Dropbox the free version to share or store what I want to share.  I also have an external drive for backups/storage. 

Just ignore iCloud, never sign on.

You cannot get rid of it as it is intergrated into the OS.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I had to get rid of the whoosh sound.  It sent one of my dogs into spasms of barking.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I had to get rid of the whoosh sound.  It sent one of my dogs into spasms of barking.

😀

Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

I still keep 2 Windows 10 laptops. Last update they installed 'Bonjour' I caught it in the control panel and deleted it. Have to watch Windows like a hawk why I switched to apple for the main pc.

I don't want I Cloud that came in on the upgrade to High Sierra now I have to figure out how to get rid of it. I want all my pictures in my own computer not stored elsewhere.

You better hope you don't have a fire or some other natural disaster. I have photos stored on external hard drives, DVDs and now in the cloud.  If something happens to this house, I won't lose everything.  

Esteemed Contributor

@glb613@SharkE, I have 8000 photos on my iphone.  Must be every picture I ever took.  If I really want to keep a photo, I print it.  It wouldn't bother me too much if I lost it all.  I probably should delete some.  I am kind of surprised there are that many there.   Most of it is garden stuff. LM

Respected Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@glb613@SharkE, I have 8000 photos on my iphone.  Must be every picture I ever took.  If I really want to keep a photo, I print it.  It wouldn't bother me too much if I lost it all.  I probably should delete some.  I am kind of surprised there are that many there.   Most of it is garden stuff. LM

If you have enough storage space, it's not causing any problems and you don't care if you lose them then store them on your phone. Personally, I never have the only copy of anything on my phone.  It's too easily stolen, lost or damage and I don't want to lose my photos.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Updated to High Sierra

[ Edited ]

Wish I had never upgraded now. That **** Siri mess has me pulling my hair out.   It's not "enabled", but, now everybody that sends me a email, surveys, etc. in my email I get 'siri found this in apps' and it keeps the address now, when , I type in 'S' it brings up not the person's name that I have in my contact list, but, the address of the survey people is in there too.

Otherwise, I have addresses of folks I don't want in there. Just right clicking and 'remove address' just removes it one time it's there to stay when you type in 'S' again. Went to Window 'previous recipienets' all that jazz and can't get rid of unwanted email addresses.

They're not to be found in the 'Window', 'previous recipients' list either that just has the folks I want in there.  Don't have a clue how to get rid of this problem. why I don't like to upgrade they put in junk you don't want or ever gonna use.

Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Wish I had never upgraded now. That **** Siri mess has me pulling my hair out.   It's not "enabled", but, now everybody that sends me a email, surveys, etc. in my email I get 'siri found this in apps' and it keeps the address now, when , I type in 'S' it brings up not the person's name that I have in my contact list, but, the address of the survey people is in there too.

Otherwise, I have addresses of folks I don't want in there. Just right clicking and 'remove address' just removes it one time it's there to stay when you type in 'S' again. Went to Window 'previous recipienets' all that jazz and can't get rid of unwanted email addresses.

They're not to be found in the 'Window', 'previous recipients' list either that just has the folks I want in there.  Don't have a clue how to get rid of this problem. why I don't like to upgrade they put in junk you don't want or ever gonna use.

I have one computer with High Sierra and nothing like you describe is happening to me.  Have you checked your preferences while in the mail app? 

Honored Contributor

just a list in there showing 'calandar , ' 'back to my mac', 'find my Mac', 'contacts',  'Siri', 'Safari.   Got all unchecked except for 'find my mac' because when I try to uncheck the box it wants U to give your password, etc.   Don't want to find it. LOL