Honored Contributor

Last July posted issues with over 20 spam calls per day and using a Panasonic phone with call blocking and another black box product with a red call block button.

Later discovered that as of 2023, Panasonic  had a new phone that had 14,000 preinstalled known robo  or telemarketing calls . But the phone had mixed reviews and the price started at $130. 

My phone service is with WOW cable. I called this week to see if they finally had something to deal with the robo  calls. Finally stated yes and no extra service charges.Yesterday was the first day the service was activated. Received only  1 robo .🙏🙏🙏 What a difference!

Frequent Contributor

@SouthernBee  This might be a silly question but are you talking about a landline phone? I have a friend in Wisconsin with a landline who gets lots of spam calls all day every day. I'd love to find a gadget or service that might help.

Honored Contributor

@eaesquire : Not a silly question and forgive me for not stating that it is a landline phone. The service is now with with the cable company and the the phone is connected to the router and modem, sorry not able to explain better.

@eaesquire wrote:

@SouthernBee  This might be a silly question but are you talking about a landline phone? I have a friend in Wisconsin with a landline who gets lots of spam calls all day every day. I'd love to find a gadget or service that might help.

Frequent Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

@eaesquire : Not a silly question and forgive me for not stating that it is a landline phone. The service is now with with the cable company and the the phone is connected to the router and modem, sorry not able to explain better.

Thank you so much for sharing this information!  I will suggest to my friend that he contact his cable company, Spectrum, and see if they have some ideas. I don't have a landline phone anymore so I'm out of my depth with this dilemma. I'm grateful to you for the idea.

Honored Contributor

@eaesquire : You're welcome. Trying to add photos of my two call blocker products.Screenshot_20240323-085048_kindlephoto-77046923.pngScreenshot_20240323-085312_kindlephoto-77186510.png

Frequent Contributor

@SouthernBee  This is AWESOME!  Thank you so much. Truly, I'm so grateful for the information on these products.  All of this is going straight to my dear Joe in Milwaukee. He is retired (aka at home a lot), and the spam calls are maddening.

Honored Contributor

@eaesquire : You're welcome. Yes, we are retired and tired of the phone ringing all day. Some times the spam calls would start at 8 a.m. and then really increase after 4 p.m. and continue until 9p.m🙄🙄

@eaesquire wrote:

@SouthernBee  This is AWESOME!  Thank you so much. Truly, I'm so grateful for the information on these products.  All of this is going straight to my dear Joe in Milwaukee. He is retired (aka at home a lot), and the spam calls are maddening.

Respected Contributor

So nice to hear success stories.

Right now I am down to only one spam (actually maxi marketing) caller: a large network of regional realtors wanting to buy my house.

They're not robocalls -- they're real localish people who are very nice. I beg them to remove my number and they say they don't know how to do it. I believe them. I get their calls 3-5 times a week. Their phone numbers are always different because there are so many of them.

Not answering has had no effect. 3-5 unwanted calls a week is really not bad. I guess I should call them 5 times a week.

Super Contributor

Re: Update on Spam Calls

[ Edited ]

@eaesquire wrote:

@eaesquire   have had our at&t landline phones for close to 10 years now     if set to autoblock the 4 phone set will block all numbers not in your personal directory     the phones will not even ring and very rarely let even 1 through

mrshckynut 

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee You're the first person I've seen mention WOW.  We have WOW for both our internet and my husband's phone.  They bought out Knology, who we were with before.  

We don't get a lot of Spam calls anymore.  Not sure why.  I got calls daily from Gutter Guard for a few years, but that was my fault in that I had signed up for a giveaway at the Home & Garden show.  They were the only vendor that insisted on calling over and over though.  I joked that they were checking my landline since it often goes down and I won't know until my husband goes out of town and tries to call me.  They finally stopped around the time of this year's Home & Garden show.  Funny, my phone line went down around that time too.  I'm still on copper wire landline, not VOIP.