Contributor
Will be flying soon and haven't done so for several years. When one goes thru the inspection lines does anything happen negatively to I-phones and I-pads when they are screened? What about cameras?
Super Contributor

Re: Traveling with electronics?

No, nothing happens to them. When I go through I place all of my electronics in one bin. Phone, Pad, Laptop, etc. I put the bag and shoes (jacket if that time of year) in another bin.

There will be signs posted, with pictures, of how you need to prepare your stuff for scanning.

Super Contributor

Nothing happens to them. Typically, the only thing that needs to come out of your carry-on luggage and go in a bin is a laptop. Tablets and phones can stay in your bag. Of course, none of these should go in your checked bag, particularly the lithium ion battery from a laptop.

http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-information/how-get-through-line-faster

Honored Contributor

Also, now you can use these devices when the plane is taking off and landing on most airlines. You cannot use laptops. They have to be on "airplane" mode so find it before your flight.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

Thank you, thank you, ladies. Seemed like in years past when cameras used film you had to put them in a special bag to protect it?