Super Contributor

Hope someone can make since of this? very creepy ... Thanks in advance.

Good evening all! Someone sent me a envelope first class mail with my home address and my name and zip code with no return address only that it came from Greenville SC, I know no one by that address and I have no relatives or friends in that state I never been there in my life inside the envelope was a picture of me at the age of two on my mothers lap and next to it is a picture of me at about 19 or so sitting on the Staten island ferry. I am 29 now! Nothing else no letter no nothing. just those two pictures they look like they were copied from pictures and put on a unlined white sheet of typing paper. It came today. I cannot remember giving anyone a picture of me like those and I do not face book or my space. I wonder if they can hack away and get pictures off the internet from long ago I am very nervous about this makes no sense to me? Star

Honored Contributor

Re: Hope someone can make since of this? very creepy ... Thanks in advance.

If you google the address, you might get a name associated with it and that may help you figure out who the sender is. (edit, I see you have no address)

It sounds like something my 86 year old Uncle would do. He loves to play with his computer and printer. He scans all kinds of old pictures of us into his computer and prints them out and mails them to us.

I would not be concerned about it.

Last Christmas I received a Christmas card from a family I have no idea who they are. They live in Florida. I asked everyone I know on FB, email and Linkedin if they knew who these people were and no takers. I googled them and they seem like nice people but I have no idea who the heck they are. LOL

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Super Contributor

That is creepy, and scary.....
Super Contributor

On 5/27/2014 VaBelle35 said:

If you google the address, you might get a name associated with it and that may help you figure out who the sender is. (edit, I see you have no address)

It sounds like something my 86 year old Uncle would do. He loves to play with his computer and printer. He scans all kinds of old pictures of us into his computer and prints them out and mails them to us.

I would not be concerned about it.

Last Christmas I received a Christmas card from a family I have no idea who they are. They live in Florida. I asked everyone I know on FB, email and Linkedin if they knew who these people were and no takers. I googled them and they seem like nice people but I have no idea who the heck they are. LOL

Thank you so much for your kind response about google I will do this. I will try to relax I live alone in NYC and everything jaggles me sometimes.

Super Contributor

On 5/27/2014 gazelle77 said: That is creepy, and scary.....

I thought so too gazelle77 .. I live alone and it is scary.

Honored Contributor

I don't blame you. It is unnerving. But I do think it sounds like a well meaning relative.

The return address label may have fallen off. You know seniors, they have their first stamp, so the return address label may have been from the Carter administration. LOL

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Super Contributor

I don't blame you. It is unnerving. But I do think it sounds like a well meaning relative.

The return address label may have fallen off. You know seniors, they have their first stamp, so the return address label may have been from the Carter administration. LOL

The envelope has decorated stuffed animals and I see no evidence it is from a relative or a friend. I thought at first it was a party invite.

Super Contributor

She said it came from a place by the postmark where she has no relatives.....
Super Contributor

On 5/27/2014 gazelle77 said:

She said it came from a place by the postmark where she has no relatives.....

I speak with all my relatives I am getting married in the fall and we just had a big reunion last summer. My grandpa was the only older relative I had and he passed back in 2005.

Super Contributor

On 5/27/2014 Starlight1 said:

Good evening all! Someone sent me a envelope first class mail with my home address and my name and zip code with no return address only that it came from Greenville SC, I know no one by that address and I have no relatives or friends in that state I never been there in my life inside the envelope was a picture of me at the age of two on my mothers lap and next to it is a picture of me at about 19 or so sitting on the Staten island ferry. I am 29 now! Nothing else no letter no nothing. just those two pictures they look like they were copied from pictures and put on a unlined white sheet of typing paper. It came today. I cannot remember giving anyone a picture of me like those and I do not face book or my space. I wonder if they can hack away and get pictures off the internet from long ago I am very nervous about this makes no sense to me? Star

Just because you didn't give anyone a photo doesn't mean that someone else might have. Your mom may have given a photo to a friend. Who else was with you on the ferry?

I wouldn't worry about it. It's weird, but not scary. If they were recent photos and someone were stalking you, it would be different, but baby pictures? I'd guess that someone passed away and these were in their things.