Respected Contributor

While I am excited about my new Samsung s8+ as notated on a previous thread; no one, not even Sprint (my carrier) can tell me if I can have voicemails transferred from my HTC9 to the s8+.  I get responses like"...I think so" or "I guess...".  I have googled this as well & I can't get a definitive answer.  Anyone here know if this can be done?  TIA!

Honored Contributor

I'm curious WHY you would want to transfer old voice mails.I doubt it can be done. 

Someone else recently wanted to transfer old texts to her new phone - I just don't get this.

Respected Contributor

@151949, for business reasons.  

Honored Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

@151949, for business reasons.  

Then send them to yourself as e mails and you can print them. I don't think a cell phone was ever intended to be a permanent record.

Esteemed Contributor
@BornToShop, no, it cant be 'transferred' in the true sense.
But . . .Can you call your new phone, and when the voicemail picks up, play your old vm recording from the old phone into the new phone?

I have transferred sound recordings from phone to phone, but I don't use voicemail. I use a sound recording app instead. Play it from the old phone and record it onto the new phone.

In a pinch, you could use the sound recording ability in the video camera on your new phone.

@151949, In one phone I preserve sound, photos, and texts that are admissible evidence in ongoing criminal proceedings.
Someone else may preseve written and audio messages for business or sentimental reasons, such as the only way of hearing a voice of a loved one that is now gone.
Respected Contributor

Re: Transferring Voicemails

[ Edited ]

@151949, omg...you are my hero today!!  I did as you suggested & those messages are now on my computer!  Thank you 100 times more!  I cannot believe Sprint CS (2 techs) couldn't even help me with something so easy.  A toast to you at wine-thirty, lol.