Respected Contributor

My husband broke his old Tracfone and bought a newer one Alcatel ZIP 5” Tracfone. I am the one that knows how to set up the Tracfones so I activated this morning online, transferred all his minutes etc. and it was so much easier than before. 

I put in the phone number to transfer and added the serial numbers on both. That was pretty much it. I shut off the old phone and the new one. A few minutes later turned them both back on. Within 10 minutes the new one had service and all the minutes etc and end date was there. The old one was deactivated. 

I walked my husband through what he needed on it. I added his Google account info and set the internet up as I have a password on it. That was it.

I remember I used to be on the phone for about an hour to do all that. I guess going online is better. I also have both of our Tracfones we were using on our account and the info was there to transfer.

Honored Contributor

@MKR14 I agree with you. The initial set up was frustrating to say the least but our second phones were a breeze.  Glad you had no problems.

Honored Contributor

The process is sooooo much easier than it used to be.  I got a new phone a couple months ago and it was setup in no time.

Valued Contributor

@MKR14, I've had tracfones for years and they have definitely made the transition from old phone to new phone much easier and smoother.