Super Contributor

I'm going to invest in my first Tracfone. Am quite familiar with them as several family/friends have them. My issue is that the newer models coming out have the larger screens, as in over 5"  and as much as I would like the larger size for better viewing, I just don't like handling or carrying around the larger screen. My preference in phone is Samsung and LG, and need CDMA. 

Are the larger screen sizes here to stay?

Honored Contributor

Re: Tracfone size

[ Edited ]

@WildDunes- The current Big Deal (QVC2) is the LG Rebel 4.  That has a 5" screen.

I personally love LG phones and I have the Fiesta 2, which has a 5.5" screen.  That's as big as I want to go.  There comes a point where a phone is just too big!

Have a look at the Big Deal; it may suit you.  My DH and I have never had anything other than Tracfones and we love them.  (We also need CDMA.)

Here's the info:

LG Rebel 4

Respected Contributor

I agree with Venezia as I have the Lg Fiesta 2. The Fiesta 2 has a better camera and I love the 5.5” size. Perfect for me.

I have to renew my Tracfone in January for a year and think I will keep what I have as I have never had a problem with it.

Hope you find just what you need.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

On the shopping networks, the phones do get bigger.  Look around the tracfone website.  Smaller phones are still around.

Esteemed Contributor

The bigger screens are here to stay.

I keep a 4" screen and a 5" screen TracFone active. Both are Samsung smartphones, which is the brand I prefer. 

The 5" is much easier to type on, and read/maneuver what you're trying to view.

I used it for emailing, plus posting and reading forums until I got a tablet, so it is quite versatile.

Bottom line, if you use it for visual purposes you'll want the larger screen.

However, if you're a phone talker and won't use your phone much for texting, emails, or internet, you may find it's size awkward to handle and be more likely to find it slipping out of you hand. 

Also, I'm an active person and I found the 5" phone was always slipping out of my pockets as I moved around in the garden or just getting in and out of the car.

So I now carry the old 4" with me all the time, and only use the 5" when I'm in the house.

Super Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@WildDunes- The current Big Deal (QVC2) is the LG Rebel 4.  That has a 5" screen.

I personally love LG phones and I have the Fiesta 2, which has a 5.5" screen.  That's as big as I want to go.  There comes a point where a phone is just too big!

Have a look at the Big Deal; it may suit you.  My DH and I have never had anything other than Tracfones and we love them.  (We also need CDMA.)

Here's the info:

LG Rebel 4

I  just saw that. What timing! Thanks for your help.

Super Contributor

@MKR14 @GCR18 @x Hedge Thanks to each of you. Good information I can use. 

Honored Contributor

The difference in overall size from my 5" screen phone and my newer 5 1/2 " is very small.

However, after my DH dropping his phone twice in 2 weeks and breaking his screen both times I now have a much more protective case which has added a lot to the size of my phone.

Honored Contributor

If you want the newest, then I think you're buying bigger than I like to carry.  For what I want my device to do, there's not a whole lot of reason to have the newest, the biggest, etc.  I bought an iPhone last spring, just not the newest, biggest, or most costly.  As much as I like to save $$$, the most important reason I bought the older model was its size, not just saving a few hundred.  I knew I'd resent that big rectangle!

Super Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

If you want the newest, then I think you're buying bigger than I like to carry.  For what I want my device to do, there's not a whole lot of reason to have the newest, the biggest, etc.  I bought an iPhone last spring, just not the newest, biggest, or most costly.  As much as I like to save $$$, the most important reason I bought the older model was its size, not just saving a few hundred.  I knew I'd resent that big rectangle!

I don't have to have the latest and "greatest" either. I'm happy with what works best for me. Thanks for your comments.