Contributor

CALL BLOCKER V5000 DOESN'T WORK

TRIED TO SET UP THE CALL BLOCKER ACCORDING TO DIRECTIONS --ALSO LOOKED AT VIDEOS ON UTUBE...EVEN CALLED THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE...THE HOME PHONE WON'T RING AT ALL....YOU CAN HEAR IT TRYING TO MAKE THE CONNECTION BUT NOTHING...EVERYTHING HOWEVER, LOOKS EXACTLY AS IT SHOULD.....IN ONE OF THE UTUBE VIDEOS, THE MAN HAD A PHONE EXACTLY LIKE OURS SO THERE WAS NO MISTAKE....i'M RETURNING ..MUST ASSUME THIS IS DEFECTIVE...THE ONLY GOOD PART WAS THE PHONE DIDN'T RING AT ALL!!

Respected Contributor

Re: CALL BLOCKER V5000 DOESN'T WORK

Do you have the ringer turned on & the volume turned up? Asking because this happened to me with a new phone, the volume was at zero...it was a simple thing I overlooked.

Frequent Contributor

Thank you for the report on the CPR V5000. I just received mine and have not had a chance to TRY to hook it up. Will have my son take a look at it .

Respected Contributor

I plugged mine in Saturday and we did not get any unknown calls for 2 days, but today I received a robo call and picked up the phone and then hit the button and it went to oblivion.  So, mine works so far.  The number is saved on the blocker. 

Esteemed Contributor

Is this an app? A device sold on QVC? 

Respected Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

Is this an app? A device sold on QVC? 

Device sold on QVC.  I think you have until January 31 to return if it’s on the Christmas return policy. 

Honored Contributor

@luvmybeetle- I have this for a year now. Was great at first. Still receive a lot of calls daily. Because they change one number in the list. The bad ones start with V 112211112 or what ever- because block the first call everyday but will call back with a changed number. Then I receive calls using my own unlisted number?!!!! I have a Panasonic phone that has a call block that I use. I am on all of the do not call list. I have purchased other call block systems like Digitone and it stopped working afterthe return date had lapsed. Then when I tried to call this company the number had been disconnected.I tried yesterday and the nomorromo  call is not available in my area. Still receive calls  listed as private caller. I never answer the phone for names or numbers that I don't know. Just relating my experiences with this vey frustrating problem. SouthernBee 

Respected Contributor

I've had mine now for a while and this is what it does.  When the call number is blocked the number shows up but doesn't ring.  When any call comes in the number shows up on the blocker first and then rings on the phone.  Usually I answer the phone and wait for an answer or whatever the person will say, then I push the button if it's a robo call or someone trying to sell something.  The only calls it doesn't catch are the unavailable ones.  Those make me angry.

New Contributor

Same here JUNK wasted 50* dollars Can't send it back took to long trying everything I was told to try...

Spoiler
Man Sad
New Contributor

I know I wated my money to...TRYED everything THey told me to try,  JUNK