Respected Contributor

Does anyone know if I can use my tracfone in Europe just to take photos?  I know I cannot make calls or text using it overseas.

Respected Contributor

@bargainsgirl wrote:

Does anyone know if I can use my tracfone in Europe just to take photos?  I know I cannot make calls or text using it overseas.

Taking photos is not dependent on your location. 

Super Contributor

Yes you can. You can take pictures anywhere. Only using your phone as a phone is limited to the US, and calls made from here.  Have a great vacation and take loads of pictures!

Respected Contributor

Tracfone has an international plan if you want to use it. Just google for more info.

Respected Contributor

You can only recieve calls, not make them from Europe.  Also, I think it must be tracfone to tracfone..

Respected Contributor

@bargainsgirl wrote:

You can only recieve calls, not make them from Europe.  Also, I think it must be tracfone to tracfone..

Be sure to check this out before you leave.  I don't believe it's true.  I've traveled to Europe multiple times and needed an International plan or International phone to make calls or send texts.  If you have free Wifi, you can use it to get online and send messages through Facebook.  You might be able to use Facetime of Skype over free Wifi if there is enough bandwidth. 

Taking photos with your phone is no different than using a camera.  Trying to send them to someone is a different story.  If you're on free Wifi, you might be able to do it.  A lot depends on the free Wifi you're using.  I've done it early in the morning when most people aren't sharing the bandwidth.  Sending photos using your data plan will use all of your data with one or two photos.  Going over your data plan can get very pricey!  I wouldn't recommend it.