Valued Contributor

Tracfone not lighting when call comes in

My husbands tracfone, Galaxy Crown J7 doesn't light up and give an option to answer calls when they come through. It rings, but the screen stays black. Rebooted several times and it didn't help. He has Hiya and those IDs don't come up either. Any ideas before I am forced to call Tracfone? Thanks! 

Respected Contributor

Re: Tracfone not lighting when call comes in

Maybe check notification settings???

Trusted Contributor

I have all phone notificatons turned on in the phone settings. My phone is an Android, not Samsung, but those settings should be similar.

Respected Contributor

This is an old phone with an old operating system. My suggestion would be to upgrade to a new phone. It's likely just past its  prime and worn out.

Esteemed Contributor

Mine is a Samsung and it doesn't let me know when I recieved a text and my notafications are on.  I've checked everything.

Trusted Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

This is an old phone with an old operating system. My suggestion would be to upgrade to a new phone. It's likely just past its  prime and worn out.

I disagree.

Trusted Contributor

@Marybella  As was previously mentioned: Make sure the "incoming calls"  permissions are turned on, if that doesn't work I would Google your issue.  There are many different fixes and videos on how to perform them.  Copy and paste "Galaxy Crown J7 doesn't light up and give an option to answer calls when they come through. It rings, but the screen stays black"  you will get a variety of different things to check and try.

Valued Contributor

@eadu4 wrote:

@Marybella  As was previously mentioned: Make sure the "incoming calls"  permissions are turned on, if that doesn't work I would Google your issue.  There are many different fixes and videos on how to perform them.  Copy and paste "Galaxy Crown J7 doesn't light up and give an option to answer calls when they come through. It rings, but the screen stays black"  you will get a variety of different things to check and try.

Thanks. I have tried a couple of fixes, but the problem is still there. Now the phone won't even ring! This all started yesterday, out of the blue.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Caffeina wrote:

@Ainhisg wrote:

I disagree.

@Caffeina  It came out in 2018 and can only update to Android 9, and you don't think it's old? 🤔 Plus these are considered budget phones for a reason.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Marybella   You might as well call Tracfone -- to at least get the system diagnostic before speaking to anyone. And you probably know you may or may not get a correct answer from Tracfone.

I have used Tracfones for a long time. They're very reliable. When a glitch happens, have patience and trust that you, this group, or Tracfone will find a solution. 

You might also check in Settings that software and apps are up to date.