Esteemed Contributor

TEXTS FROM TRACPHONE TELLING ME

me that soon my phone will be shut off - interrupted due to shutdown of the underlying network.  They are offering a free phone upgrade in order to continue service.  Also the offer of a free phone.   Would I be better off getting a new Tracphone?

I am in over my head.....LOL

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

Re: TEXTS FROM TRACPHONE TELLING ME

Your phone may be 3G, in which case you need to upgrade to a newer one (4G or 5G).  Have you had it a long time?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ValuSkr  About 6 years.  Is there a way to check my phone to see what G it is?

Will I lose all my pictures if I change phones?

TIA

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs    You should be able to transfer everything from your old phone to the new one but don't wait until your service is suspended.  I'd do the change sooner rather than later.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@tends2dogs 

If it were me, I would take the free phone.  Free, and probably with whatever you have left over on your old phone/text/data/minutes.

But, if you want a specific brand and model phone, check out here or HSN and see what they have in your price range. I agree, you should be able to transfer all your stuff to the new phone.

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624  Do you have a recommendation for a new Tracphone ?  I currently have a Samsung and really like it.

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs    I've always had Samsungs but last time I got a Motorola phone from HSN.  I really like it better than the Samsungs so far (4 months).  It's a smart phone and there's a learning curve.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

You can always take the free phone now and if you don't like it, buy something different. You don't want to be caught without service.