Frequent Contributor

Tracfone activation

[ Edited ]

When I transfered my husbands service from Sprint to Tracfone a couple of years ago it was a nigtmare. He ended up losing his #. I can't remember if it was done online or by calling.

So I need some advice. I now need to transfer my Mom's service from another carrier. In your opinion what's the best way. Online or calling Tracfone??

Honored Contributor

@vonIam wrote:

When I transfered my husbands service from Sprint to Tracfone a couple of years ago it was a nigtmare. He ended up losing his #. I can't remember if it was done online or by calling.

So I need some advice. I now need to transfer my Mom's service from another carrier. In your opinion what's the best way. Online or calling Tracfone??

@vonIam    I think it's better if you call them.    I just got a new phone a couple  months ago.........and even by calling a "real" person, it still took almost half a day.    As a "goodbye", the rep told me to be sure and call my mother right away........I told her "that would be difficult."  di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Frequent Contributor

Thank You. I'm crossing my fingers and giving them a call. Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

I got the automated service. Not sure how I feel about using that. Customer Service is currently closed. Will have to try calling after work.

Esteemed Contributor

@vonIam wrote:

TracFone is good for 'do-it-yourself' people. Experience tells me they're worst when asked to do something you could have done for yourself.

I'd go to their website and do it myself. But...do it during business hours just in case you have to do a live chat.

Last thing I ever want to do is call them on the phone.

That said, I love TracFone and get all the service I need for about $75. a year. Can't beat that!

Honored Contributor

Check the Tracfone website or call their customer service for help but you are not transferring the service.  You are signing up for Tracone service but you want to keep the cell phone number they have.