Trusted Contributor

How is this app to use?  I usually use Bluetooth and send all the contacts over that way, but I've heard some good things on this board about the transfer wizard, so I thought I might give that a try.  Any helpful hints you can offer or is it pretty straightforward?  

I'm really only interested in moving contacts over.  Oh, does the new phone already have to have an assigned phone number set up in order to use the transfer wizard?  This phone is my mom's and I have not switched her number over yet, just to make sure the new phone worked properly.

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Trusted Contributor

Re: Tracfone Transfer Wizard?

@Stargazer77   I used the Transfer Wizard earlier this year.  To use one of those very old phrases "if I can do it, anyone can do it", it was pretty straightforward.  I just followed the directions, and it worked.  I wish I could remember about which comes first, but I, also, transferred my old cell phone number to the new phone.   I didn't want the number that came with the new phone. I do recall that the Tracfone site helped answer that question.  Someone else might have a better memory than me!!

Honored Contributor

@susan kay wrote:

@Stargazer77   I used the Transfer Wizard earlier this year.  To use one of those very old phrases "if I can do it, anyone can do it", it was pretty straightforward.  I just followed the directions, and it worked.  I wish I could remember about which comes first, but I, also, transferred my old cell phone number to the new phone.   I didn't want the number that came with the new phone. I do recall that the Tracfone site helped answer that question.  Someone else might have a better memory than me!!

@susan kay@Stargazer77 I feel the same way, if I can do it anyone can! You have to have the Transfer Wizard on both phones and I think I had to scan my old phone with the new one, all my contacts transferred. If I'm incorrect, I'm sorry, and someone can correct me.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you both for your replies.  Hopefully, my experience will be just as simple and easy.  

@Jordan2 It looks like your avatar is of The Beatles.  I saw Paul McCartney at Prudential on Monday night (I believe you are in my general part of the country).  He put on a great show!!  I looked yesterday for tickets for last night's show out of curiosity and found some 42 dollar ones and I would have gone again, but I was way too tired.  If it had been tonight though!  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Stargazer77 wrote:

Thank you both for your replies.  Hopefully, my experience will be just as simple and easy.  

@Jordan2 It looks like your avatar is of The Beatles.  I saw Paul McCartney at Prudential on Monday night (I believe you are in my general part of the country).  He put on a great show!!  I looked yesterday for tickets for last night's show out of curiosity and found some 42 dollar ones and I would have gone again, but I was way too tired.  If it had been tonight though!  Smiley Very Happy

@Stargazer77, if you live in or around New Jersey you must know Scott Shannon and Patti Steel from WCBS FM. They went to the concert Monday night and raved about it. They work the morning drive so they were both tired! They said Paul sang like 39 songs without taking a break! Where does he get his energy? I'm glad you enjoyed the concert. 

Trusted Contributor

@Jordan2 Yup, 38 songs, both nights.  A few different songs on each night though.  He performed from 8:45 until 11:30, no breaks except a very short one between the last song and the encore set.  He's at MSG and Barclays this weekend and next week.  Oh, and the Coliseum.  

Honored Contributor

I'm thinking about getting this new TSV, but have always resisted in the past because I have so many phone numbers (business and personal) on my current non-smart phone ....   too much of a hassle to change them one at a time. 

Will this transfer phone numbers only between Tracfones .... or ANY phone?

TIA!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Stargazer77 wrote:

@Jordan2 Yup, 38 songs, both nights.  A few different songs on each night though.  He performed from 8:45 until 11:30, no breaks except a very short one between the last song and the encore set.  He's at MSG and Barclays this weekend and next week.  Oh, and the Coliseum.  

@Stargazer77I'll be at MSG !!  A few years back at Citifield Paul was awesome, 3 hrs straight without a break. I'm hoping this weekends show is as memorable! Was there an opening act?

Honored Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@Stargazer77 wrote:

@Stargazer77I'll be at MSG !!  A few years back at Citifield Paul was awesome, 3 hrs straight without a break. I'm hoping this weekends show is as memorable! Was there an opening act?

I would imagine Sir Paul doesn't need an opening act (I didn't go to the concert, so I couldn't say).

Trusted Contributor

@Ibby114 No opening act.  He went on 45 minutes late at our show.  Let me know how late he is for your show.  Even Barbra Streisand was only 20 minutes late!  I hope you have a great time.  I looked for some lower priced tickets to go again, but they're probably long gone by now.