Esteemed Contributor

Does anyone have this?   How does it work?  How much does it cost and is it worth it?   TIA  

Respected Contributor

It says it's $9.99 a month.

I don't subscribe to it. I do use hoopla & overdrive through my library. They are both free. You do have a limit to how many books you can borrow a month & you borrow them for 21 days, but I have never had a problem with either thing.

You can borrow reading books of all kinds. Audio books. CDs. Magazines.

All you need is a library card.

Amazon Prime also has free books that you can read/listen to.

Super Contributor

It's a great deal if you read very much or if you usually spend $10.00 a month on books.  The cost is just $9.98 or $9.99.  You can select up to 10 books at a time.  Return them and get more.   So, you're not really limited per month only by how many you can have at any one time.  It's not a bad deal.

Trusted Contributor

I subscribe to it.  My husband can also download books on his Kindle as well.  It's worth the $9.99 a month to us.

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

Does anyone have this?   How does it work?  How much does it cost and is it worth it?   TIA  

Look at Amazon will tell u

yearly plans  offered at prime day at big savings,

Respected Contributor

I download all the books I can read from the library for free.

Respected Contributor

I think if you read a lot and aren't that picky, it's a good deal.  I've had it two years and used it quite a lot at first.  But not so much lately.   I found many of the authors first couple of books were fine and then the rest were just repeats plot wise of the first books.   I think a lot , if not most of the authors are amazon or self published authors.

I was about to cancel when DH decided to start reading again (bored in retirement) so I'm keeping it.  But once that slows down, I'll cancel.   

You won't find many NYTimes best sellers or current books there.  

Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

I think if you read a lot and aren't that picky, it's a good deal.  I've had it two years and used it quite a lot at first.  But not so much lately.   I found many of the authors first couple of books were fine and then the rest were just repeats plot wise of the first books.   I think a lot , if not most of the authors are amazon or self published authors.

I was about to cancel when DH decided to start reading again (bored in retirement) so I'm keeping it.  But once that slows down, I'll cancel.   

You won't find many NYTimes best sellers or current books there.  

exactly but there are many cozy mysteries, and things like that that take no time to read and that is why I like it. and some older history books 

and based on some of the newer stuff I have taken out of the library, I wouldn't pay for that either 

Honored Contributor

We have it and like it a lot. I also like the audiobooks we get - I listen while driving. I think you can do a 30 day free trial so that would be a good way to try it.

Trusted Contributor

@Boehm Collector  ...... Have no idea what happened to my post so I'll try again. I have the Amazon Kindle Unlimited and love it! I read quite a lot so it is well worth the $9.99 a month I pay. I average around 15 to 20 books a month free. There are some books that are not included in the "library" and at times I do have to pay for them. Average cost of those books from $2.99 to $4.99. And the audible ...... well worth having. Nothing like sitting in a recliner drinking a warm cup of tea while someone reads to you, as long as you don't fall asleep. If you read a lot you would like the Kindle Unlimited. Give it a try for 30 days.