Respected Contributor

@Venezia

I agree!  I don't like the smaller screen, no gorilla glass, and at&t coverage.  I ordered two of these, activated one for husband and transferred his phone number from his previous Ultimate 2 and when it was all set up and running we couldn't make a call from home, or receive one.  Every now and then we could get it to text!  We finally got to make one phone call but then it quit again.  Not reliable like our Verizon network on the Ultimate2's.

In panic mode, I called HSN and they said yes we could transfer his number back to his old phone by calling tracfone and I did do that, and it actually worked.  He got his new Sunset minutes transferred as well so we are keeping the phone as a backup should something happen to his and using his minutes from it on his old Ultimate 2.  

However after using the phone for quite a few hours setting it up and trying to get it to make calls I realized I so very much preferred the bottom buttons on my LG Ultimate 2, the size of the screen, and most importantly for this 69-year-old, the large font in the texting!  I love my balloons of text on the blue sky, probably hopelessly old school or old lady, who cares, I can read them without digging for my readers.

I am returning mine and should I need a new phone I'll look at them in person before ordering one.  I see Amazon does have some great buys on them.

I was happy to have this forum to read the reviews and input on the phone.  The ultimate reason I am returning is ATT - very iffy coverage here in a metro area with ATT all around us.  I did type in our zip code before the phone was activated to be sure it would cover, and then it just said "emergency calls only."   

Frequent Contributor

I, too, after several days of evaluating the sunset, am packaging up for return.  Prefer my Ultimate 2....my expiration is July so I have time.....

Honored Contributor

@author - Mine went back today.  What a hassle!  Took it to a Staples store, where the lady took all my information and ID, then said they couldn't ship it, as it contained a lithium battery!

So I had to go off to a genuine UPS Store, where the guy dealt with it in minutes (no ID required).  They should be back at HSN by Friday and hopefully I'll get the refund for both without any problem.  (Have had issues with them before messing up a simple return that took weeks to resolve.) 

I don't expect to get the return shipping fee back (nearly $15), but I still marked them "defective" since I went by their zip code verifier that said they would work in my area; then they didn't.

I think AT&T is very deliberately misleading about its coverage, but that's just my honest opinion.  I'm glad you were able to transfer back to your DH's old phone without any issue.

Honored Contributor

@BHawk wrote:

I, too, after several days of evaluating the sunset, am packaging up for return.  Prefer my Ultimate 2....my expiration is July so I have time.....

@BHawk - it's such a shame that this phone didn't work out for a number of us.  It's expensive to have to send these things back, especially when there's no prepaid label (as it was sent directly from Tracfone).

During all the research I did on the Sunset, I read one review that said Tracfone should be coming out with a phone that has 16G of memory.  But I don't think that's going to be any time soon.  Good luck with your next purchase.  If you find a really good deal, come back and let us know!

Contributor

I have a ? for those who have bought tracfones in the past.  I bought 2 last year - my account says my final day is June 21st.  Do I just need to buy more minutes or buy a new phone?

Frequent Contributor

TY, Venezia!  I will keep an eye out - if I don't see anything before July, I will just add minutes and keep looking!  Went to Tracfone website today and a lot of their phones were older and refurbished....

Respected Contributor

@Venezia

When I spoke with the rep at HSN asking if I could somehow get the phone # back to DH's old phone, he mentioned I needed a return label to ship it back, so HSN is sending me two labels.  I will see how much that will cost but at least it will simplify things.  

I have learned from this if you like your phone and get good coverage stick with it!!!  When I need a new one I'll do some shopping around ahead of any specials so I don't have to decide on the fly like I did for this Sunset.  Lesson learned!!  

Meanwhile my husband is so very happy to have his old Ultimate 2 back, says he never appreciated it and how great it was.  

Contributor

I also ordered 2 of these.  I am sending one back, as I like my ultimate 2 better also.  My year is up in June, however, I am getting a new one soon from Amazon $59.00 triple minutes.  I see they were on backorder and got some more in, so am not sure how long they are going to have them.

Question about the labels...I have never returned anything to HSN, as I don't buy much, but I did receive  return labels with these phones, at least I think they are.   They are marked HSN, but the address is Grand Prairie TX.  Is this their return location or do I need to get return labels?  Maybe I will give them a call to be sure.

Any advice on these return labels would be appreciated.  Thank you!

Respected Contributor

@mil3

The TX address is Tracfone, not HSN.  The phones were shipped by the vendor and you need a return label from HSN that will ship to HSN.  Just call customer service at HSN and tell them you are returning the phone and need a return shipping label or ask where to ship it if you want to return it on your own.

You may even be able to print one from your order history as you can do on QVC, don't know.  

Be careful to get the right info so you get your credit, and can track the return too.  HTH!

Honored Contributor

Re: Tracfone TSV Coming Up

[ Edited ]

@mil3 wrote:

I also ordered 2 of these.  I am sending one back, as I like my ultimate 2 better also.  My year is up in June, however, I am getting a new one soon from Amazon $59.00 triple minutes.  I see they were on backorder and got some more in, so am not sure how long they are going to have them.

Question about the labels...I have never returned anything to HSN, as I don't buy much, but I did receive  return labels with these phones, at least I think they are.   They are marked HSN, but the address is Grand Prairie TX.  Is this their return location or do I need to get return labels?  Maybe I will give them a call to be sure.

Any advice on these return labels would be appreciated.  Thank you!

@author @mil3 - That is the address that was on the labels I got with my invoice and it's also the address that the HSN rep gave me for the return, so I'm not sure but I have to think it's HSN's warehouse.  Mine didn't ship from that location, so it's not where the Tracfone warehouse was.  Since HSN is the retailer who billed me for the phones, it makes sense that HSN is the one who will be receiving them back to issue the refund.

Those labels that were attached to the original invoices weren't prepaid.  You use the label, but take the item to the carrier of your choice:  UPS, USPS or FedEx.  (The rep I spoke to didn't even suggest sending me a return label; just said to use my own.)  For better or worse, that's where they're headed now!

(ETA:  mil3 - just use the one that matches the phone you're sending back.  It has a barcode on it with your order number underneath so they can scan it when it gets to the returns department.)