New Contributor
Anyone know when a TracPhone will be on QVC TV or how I can find out when it’ll be on QVC TV again? Thank you!
Honored Contributor

I've always found the best deals on Tracfones to be on HSN.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
New Contributor
I’ll check them out! Thank you!
Valued Contributor

good to know

Honored Contributor

Re: TracPhone on QVC TV

[ Edited ]

Interesting because I've always found the better deals to be on QVC.  The Tracfones I got from HSN once (for DH and myself) didn't work in our area, even though they said they would.  HSN didn't even supply a prepaid label to return them (I phoned CS; no label).  They said I had to return them at my own expense directly to the vendor.  It cost me over $15, took three weeks and another phone call to get a refund and it's an expensive lesson I only needed to learn once.

@greggor36- QVC2 just had a Tracfone "Big Deal" about a week ago?  It was a Samsung E231563 and was less than $90. I didn't need a new phone or I'd have ordered it.  It's still available, but for just under $100.  Still a very good deal.

Respected Contributor
Spoiler
Yikes @Venezia. I've ordered them from both QVC and HSN (including the last one, from HSN), and have never had a problem. I always check, too, to be sure the phone is compatible with coverage in this area, so I'd be pretty annoyed if I'd done that to no avail--not to mention the return hassle.

I guess I've just been lucky. But your story sure doesn't make me feel too confident about ordering a phone from HSN in the future.😬

What worries you masters you.
Respected Contributor

I must have clicked the "spoiler" alert on that post; sorry.

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

Re: TracPhone on QVC TV

[ Edited ]

@Moonlady wrote:

I must have clicked the "spoiler" alert on that post; sorry.

@Moonlady- No problem!  I've shopped with both QVC and HSN for decades now and that was the first time I'd ever run into the issue of either of them not offering a return label.

At first I thought, like most of us would, it just didn't get included with my invoice.  Nope!  HSN's CS was quite clear that it was up to us to pay for the return.  And the fact that it didn't work here, despite what they said, didn't make any difference.  We were out the $15 plus and it was essentially "too bad".  Their policies may have changed since then (this was only a few years ago), but never again.

We've had nothing but Tracfones for nearly 17 years now and, again, this was the first one we got that didn't work in our area.  

(ETA:  And when I did call them after three weeks with no refund, I had to supply the UPS tracking number.  She said "Hmmm...I can see that they were returned on (basically the three weeks before).  I have no idea why your refund hasn't been processed, but I'll do it now."  She said she could offer "no further information" for why it just sat there.  Thank goodness I stayed on top of it and called or I'd still be waiting.)

Respected Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

Interesting because I've always found the better deals to be on QVC.  The Tracfones I got from HSN once (for DH and myself) didn't work in our area, even though they said they would.  HSN didn't even supply a prepaid label to return them (I phoned CS; no label).  They said I had to return them at my own expense directly to the vendor.  It cost me over $15, took three weeks and another phone call to get a refund and it's an expensive lesson I only needed to learn once.

@greggor36- QVC2 just had a Tracfone "Big Deal" about a week ago?  It was a Samsung E231563 and was less than $90. I didn't need a new phone or I'd have ordered it.  It's still available, but for just under $100.  Still a very good deal.

I've gotten my previous tracfones from HSN with no problem (2 LG's and 1 Samsung I think?) but did just get the Samsung which was the QVC Big Deal because I needed to add service time and thought I'd upgrade for the price -- although it got "lost" and just delivered yesterday.  So, I plan to play around with it over the weekend and then transfer from my old phone to this (never used the Transfer Wizard, so this will be my first time with that!). Fingers crossed all goes well.

I've never had to return one and hope I don't have to, but I never realized HSN didn't include a return label!!  Looks like QVC did on this.

Honored Contributor

@sueinsf- My sister-in-law got that Samsung, when they offered it a while back as a TSV and she loves it.

The transfer wizard is great; you just need to download it to both phones.  There should be a short video on QVC that shows you how to do it.