Frequent Contributor

I'm hoping someone can help me. My husband accidentally deleted the text message icon on his LG TracFone and we can't figure out how to get it back. He has a few messages and we can't read them since the icon is gone. Does anyone know how to get it back?

Thank you.

QVC Customer Care

Hi @Squirt60, I'm afraid I can help, but maybe TracFone Customer Care can 1-800-816-0663. Good luck.

Esteemed Contributor
@Squirt60, if he just deleted the icon from the home screen but didn't delete the app from the phone itself , just tap the 'App Drawer' on the home screen ( looks like a little square made of dots).
Find the icon for text messages.
Touch and HOLD that icon until it appears on the home screen again.
Frequent Contributor

I think he may have deleted the app. I also do not have a little square made of dots. The phone I have is the LG Fiesta 2. 

Thank you for your quick response. 

Esteemed Contributor
@Squirt60 Can you find the phone's Settings?
Look in settings for Application Manager.
Look for the Text message icon under All Applications .
If it's there, that app is still in the phone.
If its not there you can just go to Google Play Store and download it into the phone again.

Sometimes the App Drawer is accessed by touching & holding your finger to any open area on the home screen. That may reveal widgets, apps, or both.
Respected Contributor
@Squirt60, that app cannot be deleted, so your husband probably "removed" it to the trash can inadvertently. As Hedge said, you can find it in your app drawer. Another way to access the app drawer is to press your finger on an empty space on any home screen. That will bring up the app drawer. Tap the messaging icon to add it back to the home screen.

What worries you masters you.