I was excited to buy one for my teenage son, but guess what, after waiting 1 day to find out why we couldn't connect, it is not connected to a tower in our area! We live in a big town and rep said couldn't connect here! Should have told us that on TV. I recorded the whole thing to watch and learn. Now I have to send it back, no phone for Christmas, feel bad for all those who are in my predicament. 

Esteemed Contributor

That's an unusual situation, and there's no way they can know that.

Sometimes a tower is temporarily out of service, or a tower contract ends and isn't renewed. Tower could have been recently sold, and not in operation yet.

Who knows?

I'm in a city near a Great Lake. If I drive one mile West of here the cell service is terrific!

I have a very strong signal everywhere but at home!

But TracFone can't do anything about my 'weak' service because there isn't a cell tower in the lake.

Super Contributor

this situation is un usual.

Respected Contributor

@angelpunkin wrote:

I was excited to buy one for my teenage son, but guess what, after waiting 1 day to find out why we couldn't connect, it is not connected to a tower in our area! We live in a big town and rep said couldn't connect here! Should have told us that on TV. I recorded the whole thing to watch and learn. Now I have to send it back, no phone for Christmas, feel bad for all those who are in my predicament. 

Another first time poster griping about QVC.  I've never heard of a phone not connecting to a tower in a big city.  Sorry but, I don't believe you or your story. 

Valued Contributor

@glb613 wrote:

@angelpunkin wrote:

Another first time poster griping about QVC.  I've never heard of a phone not connecting to a tower in a big city.  Sorry but, I don't believe you or your story. 

Yup, another "QVC ruined Christmas" story.  It would have let her know by zip code if service for that phone was not available in her area.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

There is always a zip code place before ordering on the right side of the screen for you to see if your zip code area has service in your area. If you order another Tracfone call and ask the operator on QVC or wherever you are ordering from to check this for you. This is very helpful and has always worked for me. 

Maybe the cell tower was just temporarily down. 

Honored Contributor

@angelpunkin

I am guessing this title means TRAC FONE. Have bought many from hsn, and they have always had a place to put in YOUR Zip Code, which then tells you if it will work there. I have bought a different phone more than once because my 1st choice would not work in my zip code.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

I have always had a TracFone and have been very pleased. I always watch reviews and watch the videos before purchasing.

@hckynut Hope you and your wife are doing well and have a healthier New Year. 

Happy New Year to all the forum friends that always try and help fix a problem for another when it is needed. There are some really nice people on this forum.

Honored Contributor

@MKR14

Thank you. My wife is doing very well and no hospital visits for a long time(which for us can be measured in months), fingers crossed! I am doing GREAT, been many years since I have been at this level of physical fitness, and health.

Best New Year to you and all your loved ones.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@MKR14

Thank you. My wife is doing very well and no hospital visits for a long time(which for us can be measured in months), fingers crossed! I am doing GREAT, been many years since I have been at this level of physical fitness, and health.

Best New Year to you and all your loved ones.

hckynut

@hckynut

Best to you and your family as well.

We have had a several month hiatus from hospital visits as also.

After loosing four much loved fur babies in 2018 I’m hoping they all stay well too.

My 91 year old Dad had a two day stay in the hospital last week, but bounced back.  He is tough, played tennis against his college students everyday.  Beat them too.  Had CAB surgery at 72, and kept right on with tennis, just conceded to playing doubles!

Best for 2019!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras