Respected Contributor

This weeks Windows 10 updates

[ Edited ]

This weeks new updates I installed this morning. No problem updating. Please just let it run and even though it looks like a blank screen it took about two hours total. It updated a new driver also and three others. It was about two hours before anything came back up on the screen as it was just running and a solid light blue screen.

I had downloaded the WinStop free software so I keep it set to let me do them when I want. I will come back to this post and add the complete site for you. It does not conflict with Windows 10 and just lets you do downloads when you want to so any messed up new updates won’t automatically do them.

Here is the site

http://www.novirusthanks.org/products/win-update-stop/

Respected Contributor

Re: This weeks Windows 10 updates

Just did mine! Took a little over two hours.

Contributor

Did any of you who did the updates have a problem with your printer responding after doing this? 

Honored Contributor

@jamsgam- I did this update yesterday.  Took a couple of hours as the others have said, but didn't cause any problem with my printer.  My DH updated his several days ago and he hasn't had any problems either.

For some reason, normally with a new Windows update it causes issues with our printers - puts them offline and we keep having to reset them, usually more than once.  It's very irritating.

However, so far at least, we aren't having that issue with this update.

Esteemed Contributor

HP printer - yes - would not respond.  Called my expert and he fix all issues.   Wish they'd take their updates and.....*&^%$# (period)

Esteemed Contributor

@MKR14Did the updates about a week ago. Had no problems during the following week before leaving town. It was a happy surprise. Smiley Happy

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

The last update only took about 30 min on my desktop. No problems afterwards that I can detect.

Respected Contributor

I haven't tried my printer yet but it comes up ok to print. I haven't printed from my HP laptop yet. I will post back tomorrow if I had a problem.

Honored Contributor

I printed a page from my email on my desktop to my HP printer. No problems!Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Yes, sometimes after these updates my HP printer gets knocked offline.  I just unplug the printer for a minute and plug it back in and it then resets itself.  What was strange that with this last update (which was by no means no two hours) I had the same printer listed twice (with the second printer called printer 1).  Well, my default was checked for the first printer.  So the second printer couldn't print and I didn't catch on at first what the problem was.  These Windows updates are sometime aggravating to say the least.  Never cared for Windows 10 either.