Valued Contributor

My taskbar disappears from the bottom of my computer  and my menu bar will move up when using my computer.  My taskbar is on my icon page so to get it to show I have to go back to my icon page and then it will come back on the page I'm viewing.  I checked the Taskbar settings and the Menu Bar which both seem fine.  It seems to be unstable and goes on and off.  Anyone have a solution to this problem and what to check next.  I'm using Firefox but it does it on IE too.  I noticed too that I can't send a message on Facebook, I cannot get my page high enough to type.

Valued Contributor

Have you checked your monitor settings, screen size or confirm the setting is not adjusted to two screen display?  Just a thought, I am not super tech savvy.

Esteemed Contributor

You must have an Apple computer.

Trusted Contributor

@kismet 

It sounds like you're in full screen mode. Hold down the fn key, and press the f11 key. That should bring the display back to normal.

Valued Contributor

Goldengate8361, no I have a Dell computer

Valued Contributor

Caffeina,  well my page went back to what it should be on IE.  Now Firefox isn't responding so have to use IE until I find a fix for that.  I can't get on Firefox at all so can't use some of the fixes for it.  Don't want to take it out cause I have it all set up the way I want it.  Also not sure if I would lose all my bookmarks.  IE is foreign to me.  Any suggestions on Firefox. It's always something.

Valued Contributor

Got back on firefox.  Hope all is fixed.

Honored Contributor

Right click the task bar, not an icon, and then 'lock it'.

Valued Contributor

My taskbar was locked when it disappeared.  Hopefully it's fine now but I haven't used it all day so will see.  That's the first thing I checked.