Honored Contributor

Not sure why this would even be necessary .....   on a phone or tablet, yes.

But putting this feature on a laptop or desk computer ....  how would this be an enhancement.  Going back and forth between a touch pad or mouse and touching the screen .... is this something you would do?   

I see a laptop TSV coming up with this feature, and, for the life of me, don't see how this would improve the quality of my life .... or be necessary.

Would you use this?   If so, when?

Honored Contributor

Re: TOUCH SCREENS ON COMPUTERS?

My PC is touch screen and I dont care for it.  I use my mouse all the time.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I've always thought it was a dumb idea. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44

Count me out when it comes to being a fan of touch screens. I prefer buttons on all my electronics, but unfortunately, finding them is now getting harder and harder. With oil in ones fingers, and who knows what else at certain times, all glass shows marks, another negative to me.

Can I do things faster or more accurately by touching them? Beats me, I am never in a big enough hurry to find out. For those that are good at spelling, but not at typing, it is probably beneficial. I don't put myself in that category.

I have always been interested and purchased newer technologies, but the exceptions there are cell phones, and anything involving touching as opposed to pushing. Pushing usually has a distinct feel, touching to me does not.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Contributor

Ditto

Honored Contributor

On my desktop, I much prefer a mouse.  In my laptop, I use the trackpad.  I have no interest in smearing fingerprints all over my computer screen.  So I guess I'm saying....no touch screen for me.

Honored Contributor

I want the touchscreen. Every place I shop in town when I have to sign the screen I always want to use my finger & sign a touchscreen. Not all are touchscreen & you cannot do it. I hate it. I say get with the times. My Samsung desktop tv/monitor does not have a touchscreen but my iPad does & 1 laptop we have does. When I buy a laptop it has to have touchscreen or I won't buy it. I'm always trying to touch the screen on anything I use since I have been using my iPad.

Esteemed Contributor

I like a mouse the best. I have a touch screen on my laptop. My DH doesn't have one on his. When I'm on his laptop, I automatically want to manipulate the screen! (Bzzzzt! Doesn't work!)

I never act that way, though, using the PC, which I use most of the time.

Honored Contributor

I'd thought I might want one when I was in the market for a laptop. I asked here on the forums what peoples experiences were. Most responses were that people spent the money for a touchscreen laptop and regretted it, never used it. So I bought mine without and I haven't been sorry, or seriously missed it.

OTOH, I never use it. My iPad is so much more convenient.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I wouldn't want a touch screen on my computer.  I considered it when buying my laptop but decided against it and bought a MacBook Air.  I love my track pad and wouldn't want to use a mouse with a laptop.  I don't have a desktop computer anymore but would want to use a mouse with it if I had one.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau