Honored Contributor

If you have a tracfone,do you leave it on,or off when not in use?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Mine is always on.  I see no reason to turn it off - unless you don't want anyone phoning you?

I switch mine to silent mode at night so that I'm not disturbed by any calls or texts coming in while I'm trying to sleep, but you can set the hours you want for that.

Honored Contributor

I always leave mine on. It's on my computer desk unless I leave the house. I don't want to hear it when I'm sleeping.

Honored Contributor

I use my phone rarely, never get calls on it; I have it strictly for my convenience.  I do, therefore, keep it turned off so a battery charge lasts a long time. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Landline is still the best - no recharging - no carrying it from place to place and no having to remember to turn on/off...... and should an emergency happen in my family I want to know the phone is every-ready to wake me.  Mobile phones are great and have saved many lives; but in my home I want a phone standing ready with dependable power.  (I do carry a cell phone when out and about)

Esteemed Contributor

Now that's a classic - never get incoming calls but (I) keep it turned OFF to save battery.  Hmm   (too funny)

Honored Contributor

I have a Tracfone for emergency use only:   Dead car battery, flat tire, etc.   It's in my purse, and "off" unless I NEED to use it.   My house phone is part of a cable "package", and is as cheap as dirt.   (They "get me" on internet and TV, but I consider that a utility).

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I just got a new phone last month.  I leave it on.  The old phone had to be turned off because the battery didn't last more than half a day.

Honored Contributor

I do not want a landline,i got use to only a cell phone ,just wanted to know from those that use a tracfone what they do. Thanks.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

If you have a tracfone,do you leave it on,or off when not in use?

@goldensrbest

My Tracfone is off probably close to 99.5% of the time. Off, the battery uses little, if any, of it's power retention. On? Depends on the specific phone used. Graphic intense pages use lots of battery energy. Most turn off the screen after a set amount of time, but things running in the background still use battery power.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)