Respected Contributor

You're supposedly getting a 3 year limited warranty plus 1 year damage protection.  I assume both are factory-backed by HP.

If that is true, why do you need 1 year of TechConnectLive (3rd Party service)?

I would rely solely on the HP protection and forget the 3rd Party offering.

Respected Contributor

This is a wonderful laptop and a great deal.

Respected Contributor

Re: TODAY'S HP COMPUTER

[ Edited ]

I have the previous HP TSV in Rose Gold with Intel i5 and love it. It also a 17".

I also got Tech Connect and I set it up. I just called to verify and they were very nice and answered rather quickly. I will probably never use it but it is there if needed. It is free with my computer and you have a limited amount of time when I got mine to activate.

The new HP TSV has a 3 year HP warranty so no need to buy more. It also has a 1 Year accidental damage warranty. I bought SquareTrade extra warranty for mine as it had neither. I looked up the AMD 6 and it is actually faster than the one I bought in November from QVC.

When you first get the computer all set up with your information DO NOT shut it down and just let it do all the Windows updates first!  It could take a few hours depending on how many is there. That is why some buyers had their computer messed up and were dissatisfied. The screen when it first comes up walks you through everything. It is really nice. Make sure you listen to each screen message before you click on it. If you do not have a Microsoft account you will have to set up up.

Good luck and if you buy it post back. Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

very nice laptop..

Honored Contributor

Re: TODAY'S HP COMPUTER

[ Edited ]

I have a HP All-in-One with that AMD processor. It has 1T storage and 8GB RAM. I'm very impressed with it's speed. It's faster than any computer I've owned so far. Imo, AMD makes a better processor than Intel, but that's a matter of opinion. If you are a gamer then consider a computer with an AMD chip.Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I would never order a computer from a shopping channel they always seem to sell older models.

New Contributor

Hello,

Has anyone received the HP TSV from May 6th?  I haven't received mine yet and customer service has no answer to why.  I emailed QVC and no response either.  I have been a customer of QVC and I am so disappointed in this.

Occasional Contributor

My sister ordered this computer on May 6th, so far she has not received it. Message she received was that its stuck in customs in California. That's all QVC knows also. No date as to when it will be delivered.

Esteemed Contributor

Another reason I do not order any device from a shopping channel the long wait. It might be coming from China maybe that is the reason the wait time is so long. I ordered a Chrombook from Best Buy and I got it with free shipping and in four days. I wish you good luck with your new HP

Contributor

I also ordered the HP laptop TSV. It is now 5/21 (ordered May 6th.) and I still haven't received it. Went on the website this morning to track it and it is still somewhere in China. This is not acceptable. They do not mention this on air. You are lead to believe they are all there at QVC ready to be shipped out. This doesn't happen when you walk into a store to buy a computer. They either have it or they don't. If they are out of it they may try to get one for you. QVC is really going downhill.