Valued Contributor

I have an"all-in-one" tabletop unit (wood possible Kinkade?---Has a turntable, a radio, a tape player and a cd player---)My cd tray will not stay in- I put in a cd- it pops right out-- Does anyone remember when QVC sold these? I think they were made by Kindkade- but I can't find even a picture of one- it was a nice looking item- wood- everything works but I want the cd player to work...So anyone remember these and who/where would I get someone to fix it? TIA!

Honored Contributor

@sipp : I can't offer any information or help. Just wanted to share this: I just purchased from Best Buy a Sharp multidisc CD player that holds 5 CDs.It sounds great and so much better than my boom box or a player like you just described and I can remember the manufacturer's name but purchased locally.

@sipp wrote:

I have an"all-in-one" tabletop unit (wood possible Kinkade?---Has a turntable, a radio, a tape player and a cd player---)My cd tray will not stay in- I put in a cd- it pops right out-- Does anyone remember when QVC sold these? I think they were made by Kindkade- but I can't find even a picture of one- it was a nice looking item- wood- everything works but I want the cd player to work...So anyone remember these and who/where would I get someone to fix it? TIA!

Honored Contributor

I'd contact an electronics repair shop in your town.  If they can't fix it ask for a recommendation of a qualified repair person who can. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@sipp @Isn't there a brand labeled on it along with a model # on the back?

Honored Contributor

The good news is the companies that made those devices typically used off-the-shelf CD players made for computers that they repurposed for those devices. The right repair shop should be able to replace the old drive with little trouble.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

I can't even remember when my mother bought it- many years ago- I didn't think to check the back but I doubt they're still in business and it's too big to ship anywhere.ANd while I'm on the subject- as anyone found a CD player you can plug and play in the NEWER CARS??? What are we supposed to do with our collections? I still like to listen them them! I'm certainly not PAYING to listen to songs I didn't pick out !! 

Super Contributor

@sipp wrote:

I can't even remember when my mother bought it- many years ago- I didn't think to check the back but I doubt they're still in business and it's too big to ship anywhere.ANd while I'm on the subject- as anyone found a CD player you can plug and play in the NEWER CARS??? What are we supposed to do with our collections? I still like to listen them them! I'm certainly not PAYING to listen to songs I didn't pick out !! 

As posted, this can be fixed by replacing the defective CD player with a new CD player.  Take it to a computer or electronic repair shop and find out what is involved.  I know of one person who bought a new car and had a CD player installed from the factory.  They aren't standard equipment anymore.

You can always rip your CDs to MP3s and put them on your phone.  Pair your car's Bluetooth with your phone and you can listen to your music through your car's speakers. 

I don't know if you can take a new car to a dealer or Audio busiiness and have a CD player installedwhere the radio is located.  You'd have to check this out where you live. 

Honored Contributor

Crutchfield.com has an extensive selection of car radios that have a CD player included. If you go to their site and enter your car's make and model they'll show you compatible units.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@sipp @I googled CD player repairs and quite a few local electronic repair places showed up in my area. Try it. 

Respected Contributor

@sipp, I'm assuming you've tried more than one CD and it's not a case of spitting out a bad disc.

Detest that new cars don't give you option of a CD player. I have about 50 audio books I bought from a book store close out. An installed CD player is an $750+ add on. Oh, and placed at an unfathomable location on the passenger side. And not about to transfer them to my phone.