Honored Contributor

We are thinking of switching from Verizon to Spectrum mobile and does anyone have that and do you like it? Is there any negatives you know of?

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

DH and I have Spectrum mobile.  Previously we had Consumer Cellular, the price was less expensive for Spectrum and the price included unlimited text and data so we switched.

The only thing we were not aware of was DH's phone was not compatable so he had to purchase new - flip phone is what he uses.  I had an I phone and it was compatable.

Neither one of us uses our phones a lot but I have found checking the internet while out and about has come in handy at times...on occasion we don't have service but I guess that happens with all carriers.

Super Contributor

We have been very pleased and saved a good bit of money. My father passed away in November and my mom decided to go with Spectrum and she is happy. She did not want a new phone and they canceled her Verizion and transferred everything in the store. It was under 30 mins for the process.

Floral Pillow
Trusted Contributor

@CherryHugs I haven't used Spectrum Mobile, but we do use them for cable. From my experience....

I worked in a school where I took care of all our diabetic students. They all had the dexcom device which enables them to track their blood sugar levels on their phone. Spectrum was by far the worst service. Many students could not receive service to keep track of their blood sugar levels with Spectrum. 

The only consistent carrier we never had problems with was Verizon. I know it depends on your area and how important it is for you to receive service. I would never use Spectrum as I saw the disadvantage. I would stick with Verizon, unless good service is not that important to you.

Honored Contributor

agcthankyou1-vi.gifWe are sticking with Verizon; Thank you for your messages!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller