Honored Contributor

Hi. I have a Samsung smart tv. What is the easiest soundbar to connect that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I'd like better sound but can't afford a lot.  Thank you!

Contributor

I'm following as I would like to know the answer as well. I think posting what your budget is might help. I would only suggest not getting a Vizio. 

Honored Contributor

Does anyone still use speakers or are soundbars the way to go?  I'm really out of the loop, but expect I'll have to replace my speakers eventually.

Respected Contributor

First question: Does your TV have bluetooth or does it require a wired connection?

Esteemed Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

Hi. I have a Samsung smart tv. What is the easiest soundbar to connect that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I'd like better sound but can't afford a lot.  Thank you!

@CalminHeart 

You can find one on Amazon with remote and built in subwoofer for about $43. It has all the inputs-Bluetooth/USB/HDMI/Auxiliary, even an Optical input.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

The search bar in the gray area above is your friend!  Smiley Happy  I just did a search and had all these results show:

https://community.qvc.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuation=false&q=... 

Crutchfield .com has a wealth of information concerning soundbars and always have some budget recommendations.

Esteemed Contributor

We bought a refurbished  JBL sound bar from Amazon and DH connected it quickly using directions included.  Its been a great purchase.

Esteemed Contributor

@patbz 

JBL has been making great sound systems for decades. I was using them in my basement Home Theater room 7.2 Dolby Surround System, until !!  

A few years ago when I was in the hospital and my whole finished basement was flooded with sewage. The rear ones mounted on the walls are the only part of my whole electronics system that survived.

100% Insurance Coverage? What a joke!  Lost over 100 grand of equipment and they depreciated most of it 80%. I did replace my audio surround for my Home Gym part, but had to go with cheaper, but good replacements. Still have a 7.2 with 9 speakers and 2 subwoofers, just much cheaper versions.

Had JBL in my 1970 Mustang Mach I years ago with a similar Quadrophonic 9 speaker surround system. It was quite a setup with rheostats and reverb, tremendous sound. JBL makes good stuff in many price ranges.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

You might want to consider the Roku Streambar that combines a Roku streaming device and soundbar into one unit. It's on sale for Black Friday/Cyber Monday for $79.99 pretty much everywhere. It gets 4.6 out of five stars at Amazon with over 5,000 reviews.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

We have 2 Samsung smart tvs, each with a soundbar.  One has a Samsung soundbar and one has a Bose.  The sound is great with both of them.  I like the Samsung because it comes on when the tv comes on and is controlled with the tv remote.  The Bose has a separate remote for turning it on and off and controlling the sound.  I just don't like having to keep track of 2 remotes.  Small problem, I know.  They were both easy to connect to the tv.